Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

roegs

Reaction score
Just installed Weathertech no-drill molded mud flaps on my 2021 Limited. I kicked around multiple brands, but decided on WT after all my research. The installation could not of been easier, ~25 minutes to do all 4. Hardest part is to install/squeegee the clear protective strips during winter (may need to redo strips in spring). Here are some pictures to see them installed on a white truck.

I've had Weathertechs on my last few trucks. Super easy mount as described above. My only wish is that the front flaps extended further to the ground. My new truck will have the power steps, and a longer front flap would give better protection from snow and slush.

For those that have Huskey's, are the fronts longer than Weathertechs?

whitexc

Reaction score
In on this for more info.....

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I've had Weathertechs on my last few trucks. Super easy mount as described above. My only wish is that the front flaps extended further to the ground. My new truck will have the power steps, and a longer front flap would give better protection from snow and slush.

For those that have Huskey's, are the fronts longer than Weathertechs?
They are the same really for length the oem rubber ones are great and a decent price

whitexc

Reaction score
Details? They look great.

whitexc

Reaction score
Are you referring to mine?
Yes, sorry....should have been clearer on that. I browsed online and didn't see them.

Last edited:

Jankyl29

Reaction score
20210212_053716.jpg20210212_053449.jpg
Ordered the OEM set. Honestly for how cheap these are I don't understand why it wasn't a option when I built the truck. When I built ford's online there was a option for splash guards...
Anyway didn't bother to read all 8 pages but these are the oem ones...dont mind my Jack, he loves opening boxes and presents haha.
Compared to others, these are pretty thick and heavy. Msrp is $65 each set, my cost through work got both for $107 with tax...been raining past 3 days non stop, so haven't installed yet. Will later today.....if you look at the pics there accidently sent me the rears for a truck with flares, the only difference is the recessed area is wider, had I known this I would have ordered the front for flares as well.

Edit : here's the part numbers
Without flares : rear 82215931ab front : 82215930ab

With flares: rear 82215929ab front: 82215928ab

Last edited:

whitexc

Reaction score
I agree they should be listed somewhere in the build process. Post pics after install.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
View attachment 11888View attachment 11889
Ordered the OEM set. Honestly for how cheap these are I don't understand why it wasn't a option when I built the truck. When I built ford's online there was a option for splash guards...
Anyway didn't bother to read all 8 pages but these are the oem ones...dont mind my Jack, he loves opening boxes and presents haha.
Compared to others, these are pretty thick and heavy. Msrp is $65 each set, my cost through work got both for $107 with tax...been raining past 3 days non stop, so haven't installed yet. Will later today.
I am really happy with mine too.... get some stainless screws instead of the plastic rivets
My only hope is when i put flares kn my truck i can reuse the non flare option ones

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
Anyone with some 14" wide flaps got any pictures or experience on how it keeps snow, mud etc. from getting on the running boards?
I'm not going to upgrade wheels or anything but may possibly get slightly wider tires and want to make sure it will cover enough.

Also, some of the pictures I've seen here some of the rears do not appear to be long enough to really protect a trailer from tire debris. Any recommendations on length for that?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Anyone with some 14" wide flaps got any pictures or experience on how it keeps snow, mud etc. from getting on the running boards?
I'm not going to upgrade wheels or anything but may possibly get slightly wider tires and want to make sure it will cover enough.

Also, some of the pictures I've seen here some of the rears do not appear to be long enough to really protect a trailer from tire debris. Any recommendations on length for that?

The ones I made are 14" wide and from the floor to the bottom of the flap is about 5-1/2 to 6"
I've had zero issue with dirt/mud on the running boards, live in Flori-duh so no experience with snow.

20200829_145847.jpg

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
The ones I made are 14" wide and from the floor to the bottom of the flap is about 5-1/2 to 6"
I've had zero issue with dirt/mud on the running boards, live in Flori-duh so no experience with snow.
Thank you. A 14" is going to look super beefy, maybe over the top, on my tradesman without the flares. But my goal is to keep my factory wheel to wheel running board clean and to not throw crap at my TT.
Looking at the price of other, I've debated on buying the material and cutting my own. How hard was it to cut the material?

Jankyl29

Reaction score
I am really happy with mine too.... get some stainless screws instead of the plastic rivets
My only hope is when i put flares kn my truck i can reuse the non flare option ones
I was wanting to add the oem flares as well but haven't got them just yet..but I gave the parts guy at work the numbers for a truck without flares, somehow I just realized they sent me rear splash guards for a truck with flares...they will still mount fine, the only difference I really see is the ones for flares are obviously a bit wider. Still looks fine, will post pictures later, but had I known this I would have just ordered the front for flares also.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was wanting to add the oem flares as well but haven't got them just yet..but I gave the parts guy at work the numbers for a truck without flares, somehow I just realized they sent me rear splash guards for a truck with flares...they will still mount fine, the only difference I really see is the ones for flares are obviously a bit wider. Still looks fine, will post pictures later, but had I known this I would have just ordered the front for flares also.
The ones without flares are also recessed where the sit on the spats

BAT3500

Reaction score
I am trying to protect a trailer, so didnt think weathertech or similar options were long enough. Went with the long version duraflaps in rear, standard length front. Easy install, way less than hour for all four flaps

Attachments

• 20210130_153248.jpg
    20210130_153248.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20210130_153233.jpg
    20210130_153233.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 105

Jankyl29

Reaction score
Don't mind how bad my truck looks, it's raining for days.
Here's the oem flaps on...yes the rears are for a truck "with flares", only difference is the recessed area.20210212_145209.jpg20210212_145224.jpg20210212_145219.jpg

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Thank you. A 14" is going to look super beefy, maybe over the top, on my tradesman without the flares. But my goal is to keep my factory wheel to wheel running board clean and to not throw crap at my TT.
Looking at the price of other, I've debated on buying the material and cutting my own. How hard was it to cut the material?

Stupid easy.. it is composite rubber/plastic, the jigsaw cut very easily.

I got the flaps at Northern Tool as they were the cheapest at the time, the part # is BSGD2430 (24x30 - 3/8" thick).
The weights I got from Bores MFG.

Looks like Duraflaps..

I mean, they don't have a fancy molded shape/design... they are just a sheet of material so yeah.

I think it was $150 for all the material.. a weekend, some carboard, and some beer.
I just reused the existing screws along the fender and one nut/bolt for the inner corner so it doesn't sag.

Users who are viewing this thread