Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by CaptainMike

1. CaptainMike

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Yes, I know that. My comment is in regard to changes in temp, altitude, and/or seasons having some effect or another on the emissions sensors/systems. Pretty much all 3 applied to my phantom 'Service DEF System' message that miraculously corrected itself. I wish that gawdamm regen problem with...
  2. CaptainMike

I had an interesting event last week that might support that theory. I was travelling up the Sacramento Valley a week ago Sunday and the ambient temps were in the upper 70's/low 80's. As I transitioned out of the valley floor and into higher altitudes the temperature began dropping rapidly due...
  3. CaptainMike

That manager is a pu ssy. It's not a dealership problem (well, maybe in his case it is), but the manufacturer's problem. My dealership, and more specifically the service manager, has been in my corner since day one. Yeah, they don't make as much money off of warranty work, but they know customer...
  4. CaptainMike

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

Hahaha, I didn't notice. And I think I commented last year too. I40 is still the worst stretch of interstate in the US, though.
  5. CaptainMike

My regen problem started around 18,000 miles.
  6. CaptainMike

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

Avoid I40 like the plague! Worst interstate in the country. Especially through AZ and NM.
  7. CaptainMike

Automatic Regen too often

California doesn't have much going for it these days, but at least the lemon laws are more consumer friendly. Well, until enough legislators and alphabet agency heads get their "Big Guy" cut.
  8. CaptainMike

The DPF replacement seems to have my 22 functioning normally, but I suspect the DPF is a symptom rather than a cause. It took 18,000 miles for it fail the first time, and assuming the same conditions it will fail again sometime after the factory warranty period.
  9. CaptainMike

Damn. Ram need's to own this. Just own it, you greedy, incompetent b@st@rds.
  10. CaptainMike

Automatic Regen too often

If your going down the LL track then do not have any contact with the manufacturer concerning a buyback. That will complicate things and possibly nullify your LL case. This is what I got from my LL attorney. According to him it's an 'either/or' kind of thing.
  11. CaptainMike

Hahahaha, I forgot about the batteries causing the engine noise.
  12. CaptainMike

Wow, just wow. Your mains must be scored as well, along with #6 cylinder wall. Who knows what else.
  13. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

I completely agree. My dealer tech swapped out the factory orange/no strip AF with a new OEM orange/no strip AF, and they replaced both the MAFS and the boost tube with zero improvement. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the only that has 'fixed' my regen issue so far is replacing the DPF...
  14. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

Such horrible customer service. I, too, am sorry you're going through this, with the difference between me and cRam Cares is that I am sincere.
  15. CaptainMike

22 6.7 “making oil”

I think you should look for another dealer that takes these kinds of things seriously instead of bullshi**ing you. I had the same issue and my dealership/service manager took it very seriously. They tried a number of things to remedy it (opened 3 STAR cases that I'm aware of) and finally...