Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Deltron

1. D

Automatic Regen too often

I've met the mechanic working on the truck. He seems to be a straight shooter. A couple of comments from him. One, he despises the '19 on trucks. He claims the software is way too sensitive to sensor inputs. I tend to believe this one when even the wrong air filter might cause an issue. He...
  2. D

Automatic Regen too often

Sort of how I feel. "Oh, it's a bad MAF", they replaced it, go away. No change. "Oh' the airbox is bad", they replaced it, go away. No change. Trip three, they're going to replace the DPF. They said they're sure this is it. I pointed out that's what they said the last two times. If the DPF is...
  3. D

No 6.4 Laramie and above.

It makes one wonder how long they'll continue to build it. With the 5.7 gone along the 6.2/6/4 (Hellcat/Scat Pack engines) is it worthwhile to continue with the truck 6.4? Ford's 7.3 is so dramatically better in HD trucks RAM and GM really don't need to bother. I've read a number of diesel guys...
  4. D

Towing 10,000 -12,000

Australia for a guess? Anyway, the US has virtually none of the vehicles that overseas buyers have so it's rather hard for us to comment. Lot's of us would give about anything for a LC70.
  5. D

No 6.4 Laramie and above.

Noticed on the RAM site the 6.4 isn't available on higher trims. Anyone know why? Ford and GM still have their gassers all the way to the top trims.
  6. D

2021 Ram 2500 limited mirror cameras not in system?

Off topic but $20,500 increase in base price for the 2024. Crazy.
  7. D

Too much oil and poor dealer help

So, what changed in 2022? There's zero chance Stellantis doesn't know. It leads me to believe it's something rather serious like the snap ring issue in the Aisin transmissions and is going to cost them a LOT of money, something like an actual engine fault. I certainly hope this isn't the case...
  8. D

Issues with new to me 19 2500 Tradesman 6.4

My '21 1500 went completely crazy like that once. Unhooked the battery and hooked it back up. Been fine ever since. Be happy you don't have a '22 diesel, mine's living at the dealer.
  9. D

It's only a few trucks doing this. I wouldn't worry about it.
  10. D

5/50 except some CARB States. I'm glad you have the patience. Keep us updated.
  11. D

I don't want to sound like Mr. Sunshine but here's what's likely going to happen. One, string it along until the 50,000 mile emissions warranty runs out, in your case very soon. Two, too bad, you'll have to pay (shop rate) per hour plus parts to repair it since it's out of warranty. Contacting...
  12. D

How late can you Custom Order for same model year?

Is this why on the website you cannot add a number of options now?
  13. D

I'm a bit mystified here. I'd have traded it in and let it be the dealer's problem. My truck is in again. My solution is likely going to be a 7.3 gasser Ford. The new diesels from all three are a mess emissions wise. As far as I can tell dealers have no idea what's happening with the '22 model...
  14. D

Dealer replaced the MAF and airbox, no help.