Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by dieselscout80

1. D

Copper in diff fluid

Looks great. What engine do you have?
  2. D

Tire cupping

How often are you rotating your tires? I rotate mine every 5k miles and have good wear patterns.
  3. D

Winch Mode – Raise Idle RPM

Nope I have a hemi, but I also have a 1980 IH Scout II diesel. I would use a higher idle for things like jump starting equipment as I don’t have a winch.
  4. D

Winch Mode – Raise Idle RPM

I saw where Tazer can enable Winch Mode that can raise idle RPM to user-selected value between 1250 and 2000. Can AlfOBD or JScan do that too?
  5. D

1000 mile range

My 6.4 with 4.10 gears activates MDS / ECO mode all the way down to 55 mph. I don’t ever shut off the MDS unless it’s in tow haul mode for heavier tows.
  6. D

1000 mile range

I’ve got just over 80k miles on my 2500. One other thing is I have a set of very highway oriented tires on my truck and it’s stock.
  7. D

1000 mile range

I worked with a plus 80 year old man and he left stop signs with his foot on the floor and didn’t let up until 80 mph, so what kinda old guy. ;)
  8. D

1000 mile range

Skinny pedal application rate. I have 1,000 miles on mine since the last oil change and the trip OD for that says 17 MPG and that includes a couple short rows of my tractor locally. Even if the lie-o-meter is off by .7 mpg it’s still 16.3 mpg.
  9. D

6 month review

Just open or close the valve partially.
  10. D

2019 PW Front passenger axle shaft re-installation (after Ball Joints)

This my first Ram/Dodge pickup so I need to file that bit of information away for the future.
  11. D

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I wonder if those tie down rings will work with the rambox rails and if so where to buy them?
  12. D

2019 PW Front passenger axle shaft re-installation (after Ball Joints)

So, the collar for the CAD (Center axle disconnect) in 2-wheel drive is only mated to the outer part of the passenger side axle and then when place into 4-wheel drive it mates to the inner shaft that is in the side gear of the differential correct? This seems correct as it would match the wheel...
  13. D

1000 mile range

So jelly wish the short beds had the 50 gallon tank’s too. I think the 6.4 hemi with the 4.10 gears gets great mpg empty. :)
  14. D

Gear indicator option in gauge cluster?

How do you do that?
  15. D

BRE Exhaust??

That BRE system is not stainless steel it’s aluminized steel.