Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by DIRTRIDER

1. D

Tire Pressure TPMS Question

TPMS is set off when 20% lower psi than door jam is reached. Purchased the AEV snap and currently at 45 psi with 35” Falkens. Huge difference in ride quality with lower pressure.
  2. D

Hemi Dual Exhaust

Yes, exhaust completely routes around spare tire and shield
  3. D

Does anyone's 6.4L Hemi NOT have the infamous chirping noise?

I had a chirping / belt squealing type of noise on cold start on my 6.4 since new, went away as engine warmed up. I have not heard the noise after installing an MPI dual exhaust, y pipe at the back of the cat pipe and then duals out the back with the quieter mufflers they sell.
  4. D

8th gear - highway speed?

Good point, I have a Bighorn and the grille is way more open.
  5. D

I agree, but my Rebel was a 5th gen with a 3.5 lift and 35’s, my 2500 is a 4.5 gen with 2” level and 35’s, not that much bigger than my Rebel, the 6.4 torq should pull the gear. I can cheat a little, by accelerating to a higher speed than needed and then backing off the throttle I can get the...
  6. D

Coming off a 1500 Rebel with 3.92’s. Wonder what the logic is to keep the 2500 running a lower gear and higher RPM at lower speeds ? I spend a lot of time between 50-60 mph in 7th gear, 1800 rpm, if a caught 8th I would be less than 1500 rpm which too me would be better fuel econ. Almost like...
  7. D

2020 Ram 6.4 2500 2.5 inch lift/level

I have a 2” level on my 2500 and run a SNOWAY plow, the body side plow frame is adjustable, so my installer moved my frame down a hole.
  8. D

2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Tradesman ride quality

Did a 1.75 Readylift level, Bilstein 5100 shocks & Falken AT3W 35X11.50 tires, used AEV procal to adjust lower tire pressures set at 47 frt & 40 rear. Big improvement over stock ride quality.
  9. D

Hemi Dual Exhaust

Video of cold start and hot idle. MPI sells 2 different kits, they recomend welding the system together, I don't have access to a welder unless I hired a shop to do it. They just started selling clamp on kits which I opted for. I would also liked to have used band clamps but all the hangers and...
  10. D

Hemi Dual Exhaust

Revive an old thread, I have a ‘22 RAM 2500 w/ 6.4 and wanted something a LITTLE louder than stock and insist on no drone. I’m an old guy and had enough of loud exhaust but wanted more rumble than stock. I installed the MPI super turbo system on my truck, very happy ! A little louder than stock...
  11. D

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

Another Go Rhino RB 20’s
  12. D

Thoughts/Opinions Readylift 1.75 level

Yes, installed kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks. Happy with the kit.
  13. D

Going from 35/12.5/20 to 37/11.5/20. Thoughts?

I have 35 x 11.50 Falkens on stock wheels with 1.75 level.
  14. D

AEV Procal SNAP for 2019 ram 2500 laramie longhorn

Installed the “SNAP” today, no issues & set TPMS @ 35 psi & calibrated tires for 35’s. Ride is so much better with lower psi in tires, worth all the money.
  15. D

Leveled my new Bighorn

Leveled my new truck, 1.75” Readylift level, Bilstein 5100 shocks, frt & rear, black lug nuts, Falken Wildpeak AT3W 35 X 11.50. Very happy, basic install, rides great.