Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by HaraldHardrada

1. HaraldHardrada

Lets see those power wagons

@Zoltan My PW is a 17' but I am actually running the OEM chrome wheels from a 16' because they are forged and I liked the look. That said they do have slight rubbing at full lock with 37s. Ideally you want a wheel with +18-27 offset to run 37s on otherwise stock suspension ... at least that is...
  2. HaraldHardrada

@pyrorobert How's the rubbing with those Black Rhino wheels? Offset? Looks great!
  3. HaraldHardrada

Falken Wildpeaks are a great tire. I had narrowed it down to them versus BFG KO2s at the time. If I was choosing today my top picks for an AT would be Wildpeak AT4W vs. KO3s.
  4. HaraldHardrada

Hey Zoltan, I and the 2nd owner and the truck came with 35" Toyo MT tires when I bought it. The 37" All-Terrain BF Goodrich KO2s that I replaced them with are actually lighter! I can't compare to stock, but what I can say is that the KO2s have been great --- zero regrets. They have been very...
  5. HaraldHardrada

Excellent choice! What are you plans (if any) for the tires?
  6. HaraldHardrada

17' PW on 37" KO2s Big Bear Lake, California
  7. HaraldHardrada

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

There's a few of us Land Cruiser - Power Wagon (current and former) owners out there ... I believe it is because as a group we appreciate overbuilt robust machines :cool:
  8. HaraldHardrada

8 speed vs 6 speed

Get the 8-speed. I say this as a 2017 6-speed owner. If you must get a < 2019 model year you CAN bolster the 66RFE 6-speed transmission, but it's better just to save that money for a 2019+ with the ZF-speed. Here's what I did with mine: 66RFE Sonnax Valve Body (a weak point on stock tranny...
  9. HaraldHardrada

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

edit: TLDR; Own both types of rigs, if forced to pick one would pick the LC for practicality, but the Power Wagon is more fun in the right conditions. My personal take + personal experience. Land Cruiser refers to both a family of Toyota vehicles as well as the top model within that family of...