Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ppine

1. P

Stellantis Exec Says Hydrogen-Powered Ram 5500 Is Coming

One of the reasons I committed to buyin a new diesel is that they can be converted to hydrogen. EVs may end up just being commuter vehicles and a stepping stone to something more permanent like hydrogen. Soon there will be conversion kits for diesel fuel to hydrogen powered 6.7 liter engines...
  2. P

Firestone OEM tires

Okay everyone hates the Firestone tires. I kind of like em. They are fine in snow, in the dirt, and when towing a trailer. Maybe I am just old used to much worse tires. If you look up the reviews for the OEM tires they are very positive. I will never get the strong urge by so many people to...
  3. P

Suspension upgrade

In Africa or Australia it is common for people to drive in the bush in places with no roads. I don't know any place to do that in the western US.
  4. P

Suspension upgrade

Can someone please describe where one goes "overlanding" in North America? I live in Nevada. The state is 87% public land. We have dirt roads running in all directions but I have never met an overlander. Thank you.
  5. P

Too much chrome?

Just paint it flat black.
  6. P

Tire Upgrade for ‘21 2500 (Pics Please)

I have had good luck with Toyos and Coopers, but don't get all the hate about the Transforce tires. I live in Nevada and they have been fine on rough roads and in snow.
  7. P

BedRug - Like? Don't Like?

I start with a thick Husky rubber mat. For sleeping in the truck I add an inflatable pad that goes from wheel well to wheel well. I like it fine, except in cold temperatures sleeping back there around all of that cold steel become uncomfortable around 20 degrees F. I have thought about a...
  8. P

People suck

Park further from stores or offices and walk.
  9. P

What are you listening to today?

'The Road to Las Cruces" Margo Cilker covering Ian Tyson. "Nevada is King" by Mike Beck. Western music for adults. No skulls, no dragons no yelling.
  10. P

Price negotiated from MSRP

The market is back to normal.
  11. P

Need more towing capacity

Consider a used diesel. Then you can pull anything you want and get much better mileage and longevity.
  12. P

Rubbing / Grinding sensation in the driveline....

Change the lubricants in your front and rear diffs. Check the U joints.
  13. P

The Other Vehicle

A Jeep is too much like a pickup. We have one in the family, my wife's. It is an uncool Patriot, but the running gear is great in the snow. I was out breaking trail today with it after a big snowfall.
  14. P

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

Because now you can buy a V-6 Mustang with 360 hp. Formula One cars have 4 cylinders. Displacement is a dated way to produce power.