Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. mbarber84

Excessive Regen Solution

If your in-tank lift pump was lacking in supply pressure and / or volume, you would have issues starting and driving the truck, not just problems regenerating the DPF. A lack of sufficient supply would affect the HPFP, fuel rail, and injectors also. Are there any fuel related DTC’s showing up...
  2. mbarber84

To all with excessive regens

Now that it’s completed (in a less than ideal scenario) I’d be interested to see how long it takes before you see a reading appear on the DPF gauge again.
  3. mbarber84

Really wish I would have had the ability to data log my truck when the weather was cold. The truck ran beautifully.
  4. mbarber84

Stellantis Exec Says Hydrogen-Powered Ram 5500 Is Coming

Thanks. Thats reassuring. They need to stick with what works.
  5. mbarber84

Can you monitor vane position demanded / actual? See if it’s bouncing around. Someone told me these trucks have a really “dirty warm up strategy” built into them.
  6. mbarber84

Curious what was the ambient air temp when you first started the truck up? I’ve noticed some surging when the truck is still trying to warm up while driving. Seems to go away once the coolant temp hits 150°F or higher. Was wondering if there’s a warm up strategy in place that’s changing the vane...
  7. mbarber84

Automatic Regen too often

Quite Literally terrible advice.
  8. mbarber84

There are absolutely good techs out there. Not questioning that. And if you’re lucky to have one, make sure you stay with them. But on the whole, most aren’t well versed on these systems, and reliance upon diagnostics tools alone doesn’t help solve these issues. They have to have a solid...
  9. mbarber84

This is the result of a multifaceted problem. 1. Warranty work pays half (or less) what normal rates are. 2. Dealers do not always have capable staff (partly because of problem number 1) 3. Ram / STAR support is lackluster and not fully dependable. It all comes down to which person your...
  10. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

They’re both very easy to remove and inspect. I would check both.
  11. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

Have you pulled the air intake tube off the charger side of the turbo to see if you have excessive oil puddling there? Thats a common indicator that the CCV is over saturated.
  12. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

Be sure to send it to a lab that has proper Gas Chromatography equipment that can do an accurate fuel dilution test. I’d recommend Polaris Labs (that’s who Cummins and Amsoil both use)
  13. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

I would still not change out a cheap filter. Either buy an OEM Fleetguard CCV or take your chances, but when you keep changing variables (and a low quality ccv can absolutely be an unknown variable) you’re only potentially compounding your problem. Sticking with the OEM CCV means you can...
  14. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

If the OEM filters didn’t fix it, tossing more cheap filters at it won’t either. Your truck has a more significant issue that filters alone won’t fix. This is where your dealer and Ram need to step up and get it fixed. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be up to the task and that’s really sad. It...
  15. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

Don’t buy any filters from Amazon or eBay. You’re not getting a quality filter for $25 when the real one costs four times that. There’s no such thing as a “deal”. If you’re buying online: Genos Garage or KLM performance. If you’re buying in person: Freightliner, International, Kenworth...
  16. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

Just a nugget of wisdom in case you’re not aware: The Mopar CCV filter is manufactured by Fleetguard (CV52001) and can be purchased for about $100 at most reputable Fleetguard licensed distributors.
  17. mbarber84

Delete discussions

That seems to be a common theme. Sadly.
  18. mbarber84

Delete discussions

There’s unfortunately no way around the momentary fuel economy dive. The truck is pumping fuel into the exhaust stream to accomplish the task of increasing DPF temperatures for regeneration. When that happens, fuel is being consumed for a task other than propelling the truck forward. If...
  19. mbarber84

If your truck is “refilling” the crankcase half way in one day, and you’ve driven it this way for 44k, I’d hate to see what kind of scoring and bearing damage you have going on internally. Unbelievable you’ve not scattered something by now.
  20. mbarber84

What all has your dealer done to try and determine the cause thus far?