Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. chas0218

3.0 twin turbo Hurricane motor

Looks like the Wagoneer is going to be the flagship for this motor. I am really interested in how this engine will stack up against the hemi 5.7 and 6.4. I've got to imagine the MPG will be 2x or 3x the 6.4L with an extra 100 hp and ft.lbs. of torque. I am also very excited to see it in an...
  2. chas0218

Uconnect connection drops with headlights

Truck is a 2022 Bighorn 8.4" non Nav. I think my Uconnect just updated about 3 weeks ago. Since the update when the phone is connected via USB and the headlights turning on (auto and manual) it drops the USB connection. The android auto is still connected through the wi-fi and bluetooth. Anyone...
  3. chas0218

A little detailing today

Got some correction compound and with a crap load of elbow grease i was able to get a pretty good shine on the girl. This was all by hand, no powertools. But I'm in the market for a polisher now. Did the roof too, that was no small feat in itself
  4. chas0218

Done a couple small things

Been spending a little money and time on the truck. Did the back window, and tinted the taillights. I added the opt7 turn signal bar too. Side steps are on the way and fabbed the 1500 grille lights into the grille. Found the side steps i wanted on ebay for $300 more than they were before they...
  5. chas0218

Dealer mode?

I'm seeing all these videos for dealer mode access and such. My 8.4 non nav doesn't have the same buttons. Ive tried to use the touch bottom 2 corners and i could sit there for an hour and nothing happens. I've tried with the truck idling, in run without engine running, ign on. I saw a video a...
  6. chas0218

Got some mud on the tires

Well last night was my first recovery attempt with my new truck. It didn't really go as planned for any of us. 1 thing I won't forget from here on out is turning off the traction and stability control. My old truck didn't have all that fancy stuff and that's what screwed me from the start. I...
  7. chas0218

Rock slides & Nerf Bars

As the title states I liked the idea of rock slides because they actually mount to the frame. I looked up the maple off road ones and like them the most but they have issues shipping to US. The white knuckle don't list anything for 2500 mega cabs past 2018. I liked the look of the Rolling big...
  8. chas0218

ParkSense Front and Rear Park–Assist System Auto stop?

*****This is not the the active park I'm referring to.***** So I decided to try out the rear park assist. Does anyone else's automatically stop them? My dad has it on his 2019 1500 Big Horn and when we were backing up in a field a piece of grass stopped his truck dead. I stood up a piece of...
  9. chas0218

Looking for good tires that won't break the bank.

I'm looking for 325/60r20 or a 35x12.5r20 that is an A/T. I have 33x12.5r20 toyo open country R/T and would like a little quieter tire. I was looking at the Hankook dynapro atm but doesn't seem like it would work well in a muddy situation. I do probably 90% road driving with some dirt roads, the...
  10. chas0218

Shop screwed up spring install

So i had a local shop install thuren front leveling springs, shock extenders and adjustable track bar along with an alignment. I got the truck back and it had a rattle noise when hitting larger bumps shopsaid it was because of the taller springs. I didn't think too much of it as i figured the...
  11. chas0218

Clicking with 4wd engaged

Truck is a 2022 ram 2500 Bighorn 4x4 with off road package. I'm getting a clicking noise from my front driver's side with the 4wd engage it does it in reverse and forwards. With the wheel straight nothing but as soon as i turn a little up to lock out it clicks. It does it turning both...
  12. chas0218

Rear anti spin

Does anyone know what kind of anti spin is in the rear with the snocheif package? I ask because i was backing my trailer uphill in our driveway and the rear right started to spin but the rear left didnt engage. Granted i wasn't going fast or hammering on the throttle but wondering if someone...
  13. chas0218

Gooseneck trailer buying advice

I'm looking at buying a smaller 20'+4' deck over trailer. It's a 14k gvwr 4 wheel brakes, dexter axles, 10 ply tires just your typical equipment trailer. It is 8" channel frame with 16" o.c. 3" cross members. This is my first gooseneck is there anything that's a must have on the trailer? I'll...
  14. chas0218

Adjustable Bumper hitch with least play

I have a few non-adjustable bumper hitches (2") but they all seem to have a decent amount of play in the receiver. Are any of the adjustable hitches like bulletproof or B&W any better in terms of play in the hitch. I could throw a bead of weld on the hitch just to take some play out but I feel...
  15. chas0218

Aux switch under hood harness

My 2500 was just delivered and i want to order a few things. I was looking at this harness for my switches. I saw somewhere that a company makes a relay harness but i couldn't find them so i figured this was a good alternative. I would imagine these would work because the switches are just a...
  16. chas0218

Duluth seat covers

I'm wondering if anyone has bought a set of the duluth seat covers. I was going to buy the carhartt but they were too much at this time. Any feedback on the duluth it would be great. Here is a link to the covers. They aren't as custom for as the carhartt but duluth has always been pretty good...
  17. chas0218

E15 now to save money?

Saw a post recently on social media that they are releasing E15 at the pumps to try and alleviate the higher gas prices. Apparently it is illegal according to federal law to run it in marine vehicles (not that I would) but what about running it in the 6.4L Hemi? I know it's legal for cars and...
  18. chas0218

Thuren 3" leveling front coils and stock 18s

Im wondering if i could run something like a 37x11.5 on stock 18s without rubbing with the thuren 3" leveling coils. Everything I've read says the thuren coils make the ride so much nicer. Im also going to run a set of shock extenders for the stock bilsteins. Also would this in some way void...