Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. E

OEM Power Wagon winch in AEV Bumper - Kit now available!

Good news! AEV now has a kit for installing the OEM power wagon winch in the AEV front bumper. I have the rear bumper but wasnt really interested in the front bumper since the OEM winch apparently didnt work before. Only good looking aftermarket bumper, imo. That said, lard jaysus the front...
  2. E

Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer

How many of y’all running the Fox ATS Steering stabilizer? What’s the rest of your suspension ? Worth it? Any Fitment issue with Carli front diff guard? It seems to have good reviews but not sure if it’s mostly beneficial with a lift and 37’s My current setup: 2019 power wagon, stock height...
  3. E

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

The 2024 Land Cruiser has my eye, making me really consider trading my Power Wagon for it. They arent really comparable, but I think I could live with the LC. Power: 2.4L Turbo Hybrid, 326hp/465ft-lb. Considering the hp loss naturally aspirated 6.4L have at altitude (assuming 3% loss per...
  4. E

P/N for CHSML blockoff plate on chassis cabs?

Anyone have the part number for the CHSML blockoff plates that come on 3500/4500/5500 Chassis cabs?
  5. E

Dead Pedal/Footrest?

Does anyone make a dead pedal/footrest for these trucks? Maybe need to make custom bracket to get one like this to fit
  6. E

Apex Chassis Tie Rod / Drag Link

Apex Chassis Tie Rod and Drag Link Kit Anyone running this kit? I think the 2019+ drag link isn’t as much of an issue as the 2014-2018 version, and I don’t really have any complaints about the steering currently…but if something were to fail I’d consider upgrading. Obviously diameter isn’t...
  7. E

Show Me Your Lights

Show me your lights! Currently just have added Rock lights (8x Lux Max White). I think the stock LED headlights are quite good, as are the LED foglights although I’m thinking i will be upgrading the foglights to Diode Dynamics or Baja Designs with the OEM round halogen bezels…White or Amber is...
  8. E

UC4 8.4 dead-ish this morning

Started the truck this morning and UC screen was completely black, didn’t go thru start up screen or anything. Tried turning off truck and restarting at a couple of stoplights…nothing. Phone still recognized that it was connected to CarPlay and I could hear the nav directions over the truck...
  9. E

Interior Door Handles

I rode in a 1500 Limited Longhorn last week. Really nice truck, obviously, though interior color scheme not really my vibe. Anyways…. One thing that stood out to me was the interior door handles were metal and felt really nice compared to the silver colored plastic handles in my Power Wagon. I...
  10. E

Possible to add 120VAC outlet to bed?

So on newer (2021+ I think?) a bed mounted 120VAC outlet/ receptacle is mounted in the bed on some trucks. My 2019 has they 120VAC outlet on the center console , and I have literally never used it. However, the bed mounted one would be useful for charging a phone while camping in the bed. Is it...
  11. E

El Barto’s Power Wagon

I’ve had my Power Wagon about 2 years now, I guess it’s time to do a build thread. The story starts when I traded in my 2015 Chevy Colorado. It was a pretty solid truck, put over 100k miles on it in 5 years, but I wasn’t as religious with some of the maintenance as I should have been, so I...
  12. E

Shock Boots vs Nakey shocks

Just received new Fox 2.0 shocks for my Power Wagon. I want to protect them, so I’m torn between getting shock boots or not. Truck is daily driven in Colorado, so it will be exposed to corrosive road salt, in addition to normal dirt/mud. I like the idea of getting shock boots to keep the...
  13. E

Sumo Bump Stops

Anyone running Super Springs SumoSpring Bump Stops? I’ve heard good things about them in the Toyota world that they smooth out the ride (and help with overloaded rigs). I’m thinking I will try the Blue ones up front to reduce bottom-out harshness. They are made of “microcell urethane” similar to...
  14. E

Audio Equalizer Settings

I am curious how you guys set the audio equalizer on your radios. I am no audiophile, I think it sounds pretty good how I’ve set it, but maybe others know better. Alpine 9+1 System. Crew cab. Typically listen to SiriusXM or Pandora (via CarPlay). I listen to a wide variety…...
  15. E

Camper Shell Interior Setups

We have the other camper shell/topper thread but that is pretty much just exterior photos…wanted to start this thread for pictures and discussion of how you have everything setup inside the shell. Camping setups with sleeping platforms, bike mounts, general gear organization, etc. I have the...
  16. E

Red LED Dome Lights ?

Any suggestion on brand for LED interior dome lights? I would like to replace my halogen dome bulbs with Red LEDs. Any suggestions on what brand/where to buy? Sylvanias website says bulb # 578 (festoon type) but not sure if that is right…for the front ones, looks like that is probably right for...
  17. E

Offroad Recovery Equipment - What do you carry?

Curious to see what offroad recovery equipment you guys carry in your truck, and how you keep it organized! I probably carry a bit more than most, a I’m part of an offroad recovery organization. Currently Loose…Awaiting Icky Concepts Mounting Panel: 1x Flathead Transfer Shovel 1x HiLift Jack...
  18. E

Articulink? Technical discussion

My brain kinda smooth today. I was thinking about the PW suspension and cant really figure out what the Articulink on the front radius arms do. In general: the Ram front suspension is a 3 link: 2 radius arms + track bar. Track bar prevents lateral movement, while the radius arms prevent...
  19. E

Headlamp Deicing

More scheming: The LED headlamps on this truck are really good, but! since they don’t produce heat like a halogen or HID headlamp, they are prone to icing up when it’s snowing. Possible solutions: 1) Defroster/heating elements. This is how aftermarket LED headlamps with heating elements do it...
  20. E

Wreck on I-70 - Parked Ram HD vs Semi

Relevant, because it was a 4.5G HD Ram. Be safe folks. https://www.outtherecolorado.com/news/shocking-images-show-severity-of-interstate-closing-wreck-in-colorado/article_aab37b82-0754-11ec-a231-8fff0f9d24e5.amp.html