Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Shots

Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System (STPMS)

Now the kicker. I tested the harness. I have good current through all the wires/plugs. Yet the VLink doesn't light up when it's plugged into the harness, but immediately lights up when plugged directly into the OBDII. I must be missing something, so I'll have to revisit the instructions.
  2. Shots

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to unplug them. I was trying to find a release tap on the outside of the plug, not in a position that sort of looked like it's inside the wire holes. You guys helped me make sense of what I was looking at on the stock phots. I decided to add a better photo...
  3. Shots

Front Leveling 2500 Ram

↑ Agreed with above on the height. ↑ My truck has 2" of rake, so 2.5" would definitely make it nose high. I think a truly dead level stance will likely "look" nose high too. I'm probably going to go with 1.5" maybe 1" depending on what I can find.
  4. Shots

Front Leveling 2500 Ram

"..... Spacers are junk and will hurt your ride." Old thread, but this is false (**with a caveat) and I wanted to respond because I don't want people who are looking to level to feel like they have to spend a bunch of money by replacing perfectly good stock parts. Spacers will not hurt your...
  5. Shots

Yeah, that sounds like the easier method.
  6. Shots

Okay, that makes a little more sense. I'll see if I can figure it out with that. Thanks guys.
  7. Shots

Anyone know how to REMOVE the sgw bypass? The instructions say to gently pull the connect while depressing the tab of the connector. That photo doesn't make any sense. It looks like they're pressing from the female side, which is obviously plugged into the block. Mine doesn't seem to be...
  8. Shots

Too much chrome?

Interesting. I've heard of Plastidip (it's been around a long time), but hyperdip is new to me. Seems like it's geared more for automotive use, whereas plastidip is just something people found it could be used for.
  9. Shots

Too much chrome?

Worth noting, the Big Horn image above is of the Sport grille. The Non-sport Big Horn grille (below) has a chrome surround too (and chrome bumpers). The center part of the grille is the same between sport/non-sport, but the surround isn't.
  10. Shots

Too much chrome?

It sounds more like they're describing the Big Horn grille to me. "I like the grill that's mostly black with the chrome ram and just the chrome slats to the left and right of the logo." Laramie grille is mostly chrome:
  11. Shots

Pros / Cons of Certain Features (Custom Order vs Dealer Inventory)

↓↓↓↓ Agreed. I've done both as well, it's not a big deal. If I could buy a truck without those and save a ton of money, I wouldn't think twice, and take the savings. Once you get past the "eek" factor of drilling into the roof of a brand new truck, it's not that bad. Measure twice, or maybe...
  12. Shots

Method MR317 / Falken Wildpeak Wheels and Tires Set

This is a pretty old thread, but are you still looking to sell these? They'd have to be shipped to Ohio, so closer than Arizona. I have a business address which should also make it a little cheaper. 44202 is the zip if you still have them, and want to take the time to get a price or two. It's...
  13. Shots

Falken Wildpeak a/t3w - good in the rain?

I had them on my Wrangler and had no issues at all. Good road manners all around and they look good too. Not super aggressive, but not a street tire look either. Not loud, no hydroplaning, and handled snow/ice like a champ. I'm considering them for my Ram.
  14. Shots

SOLD - Set of 295/65R20 on Night Edition 20" wheels

I figured, but worth a shot. Thanks for responding though, I appreciate it.
  15. Shots

SOLD - Set of 295/65R20 on Night Edition 20" wheels

Super old thread, but if you still have them and you're willing to put them on a truck/courier to Ohio, I'll take them off your hands. You can put them on a hot shot, or LTL freight for probably $300 ish. I have a business address you can ship to which is generally cheaper.
  16. Shots

Disabling RSRA (Rear Seat Reminder Alert)

Yeah, it makes no sense why they can't ll do it. Thanks for trying to help though.
  17. Shots

The diagnostic data has been gathered, and sent to Ram. Now I wait to see what they have to say about why I can't toggle the option but trucks built 2 months later can. And of course cross my fingers for a solution/update.
  18. Shots

Soooo, the plot thickens. I just got an email from the dealership. It would seem my complaints to Ram were not unheard. They asked me to bring the truck in so they can share diagnostic data with the manufacturer and that "there may be a solution." I wonder if they are able (or are at least...
  19. Shots

Everyone always freaks out about breahalyzers when the topic of nanny features comes up but that technology already exists. Maybe a different application than they use now, but I know there is a method by which people who have multiple OVI/DUI charges have use one in their car. Seems easy...
  20. Shots

That's awesome!!! I'm certainly no programmer/coder although I like to think I'm at least somewhat computer savy. I know my way around Excel, but that's about the extent of it. I have a friend who does computer stuff for a major corporation and it blows my mind some of the things that can be...