Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

When you replace the taillights, take a drill bit and alter the head of the machine screws. (or hit the hardware store and get security head machine screws) Yes it'll suck when YOU have to do something with them but you have the time and talent to do that. Also, does the tailgate actually lock...
  2. J

2020 Tradesman Center Dash Storage Tray screws

With that tray removed (memory is fading) are there nut plates where the screws would go into, are they exposed and easily removed? If so, take the tray and the nut plates to a REAL hardware store, the one with the unlimited mountain of those pull out drawers full of hardware and a guy that...
  3. J

Seatbelt Retractor

Could be a FCA manufacturing defect. I had an 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon that did the same thing on the drivers side. It got predominately worse. Come to find out the retractor was misaligned (they missed one of the mounting holes), but managed to "send" that fastener into the sheet metal...
  4. J

Oil Cap Sludge

Good excuse to go get an ice cream 'bout a 100 miles away with a majority of highway miles.
  5. J

Left on left and right on right? Not questioning you, just asking a question.
  6. J

Traveled from Flagstaff to Phoenix one year, late spring....Battled snow up top and had a sunburn on my left arm at the end of the trip.
  7. J

CAT Scale results with 3500 CTD and 9,000lb trailer - Look OK? Anything you would tweak?

https://catscale.com/how-to-weigh/#:~:text=When%20weighing%20your%20motorhome%20and,show%20up%20on%20platform%203. Plenty of YouTube vids on this too.
  8. J

Get some rubber door seals or edging. Maybe the type that has an adhesive strip. Just spit-balling. I know I'm not remembering the other stuff but it's a pretty hard plastic, split to open up on one edge. Someone will pipe in. Look this up on Ebay Have one to sell? Sell now Similar Items...
  9. J

Deleting / Turning off clearance lamps help

Yup, Pull the passenger's side panel under the A-Pillar. Right even with the glove box'ish. There will be a connector there with the correct wire for the roof lights. I'm thinking it's the only one that runs UP. Ironically, it's the wire I TAPPED into when I put roof lights ON my 2018 2500. The...
  10. J

Bed switch panel

Try looking to a marine application supplier. They have way more choices than automotive. So many applications, higher quality and most if not all are waterproof. Anything I've mounted under hood or exterior somewhere, I've gone this route on many of my projects.
  11. J

Headlights

I thought it would be an easy read but...I KNOW you have a RAM, so don't I. I put that out there as a "maybe" it, YOUR RAM works the same
  12. J

Headlights

On previously owned Silverado 2500, it you engaged the emergency brake 1 or 2 clicks, that killed the lights so you weren't lighting up the neighbor at 3 in the morning.
  13. J

Stake Pocket Covers are Gone

The reason the back ones were/are not there is they purpose as a handhold too. When you're pulling yourself up into the bed, that's where your peter-tongs go. GM has them too , a bit larger and contoured, (plus they have the steps in the corners of the rear bumper), ALL ABOARD!!! I had the...
  14. J

Ram 3500 5th wheel prep kit installation.

Are you buying your trailer from an RV dealer? They should be well versed on how to do that kind of work, if not they probably sub it out. Lean on the salesperson and go for a package deal.
  15. J

Chase light with rambox and bed cover

Hey, Godz is here, nice. I received your twin under-hood light brackets just today for my 2020 3500. Great design, well made. Looks like I have a weekend project. Thanks
  16. J

Chase light with rambox and bed cover

https://godzmfg.com/products/godz-mfg-chase-light-antenna-bracket Not sponsoring or have affiliation. I've order a bracket for another application. Just sending you in a direction that may help.
  17. J

Under Tailgate DOT light ??

You should look a bit further up the frame rails for the connector. Maybe the factory/upfitter wiring schematic will so you the way. That light is designed for the dually so, with that, the harness also includes the leads/pigtail connectors for the 4 individual marker lights for the fender...