Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Good lord, that is horrible.
  2. T

Man. It’s a joke. Relax. Lol
  3. T

I drive trucks for commercial use 6 days a week, and every last one of them has either undergone a weight loss program, or has one planned. I’m assuming you’re operating out of California or some place similar where that is extremely prohibitive?
  4. T

Fine. A catastrophic fire should do the ticket then.
  5. T

At this point, it seems like a weight loss program is what I would do on the truck. If RAM can’t even get a handle on this kinda ****, there would be zero motivation for me to keep dealing with it.
  6. T

OEM alternate chassis fuel filter

Yeah, that low frame location for most FASS systems is honestly terrible. Rocks, gelling issues in the winter, all of it.
  7. T

They clearly don’t give a **** about how anyone feels with the crap they have been putting out.
  8. T

I just dislike the design. The plastic lid binds up like a sonofabitch, and I generally just ****ing hate it, no matter how easy it may be. I’m not saying it’s rational, but it’s absolutely how I feel.
  9. T

Filters are approximately 20-30 dollars cheaper, so the ROI absolutely occurs over the 150k miles of owning a truck. Not to mention ease of service & no more mopar/Baldwin filter shortages to deal with. Also, let’s be honest, I’ve spent 300 bucks in FAR dumber ways. This is pretty low on the...
  10. T

I have zero intention of running the “cat” filter that comes with the adapter, and would absolutely run a Donaldson or other equivalent that met the filtration and water separation levels of the OEM. I just cannot stand that damn rear cartridge. At all.
  11. T

Wyoming winter fuel is sort of a joke. It’s almost always “treated” number 2, and very seldom any sort of number 1 blend, from what I have seen. I have gelled up more here than I ever did when I was working up in North Dakota, simply because they had number 1 at the pump.
  12. T

There is quite a bit of room off the bottom of the cartridge, but I don’t think we would wanna be running an absurd filter length either. Would be worth taking some measurements and finding out for sure. Dump the air bags and measure clearance sitting on the bump stops.
  13. T

They do sell a fuel heater for their setup, and id absolutely run it. I’m just about out of the warranty period, and have one more rear OEM filter to burn up anyways. I do agree about the CAT filter mythology, they simply aren’t the standard that they used to be. As far as the 5 micron rating...
  14. T

2022 ram CAT rear filter conversion

I do absolutely hate cartridge filters, and especially ones with plastic lids that seem to enjoy binding up. However, the efficiency of the front unit with the nanonet filters is almost impossible to beat, so that one will have to stay as far as I’m concerned.
  15. T

Well, after some research, I have found a Donaldson that cross references with that particular CAT unit, and has the same emulsified water rating as the OEM. It’s becoming harder and harder to say no to the spin on system. As long as it doesn’t make me more prone to a gel up in Wyoming winters...
  16. T

2022 ram CAT rear filter conversion

I’m really strongly considering it and running Donaldson filters on the unit. This particular unit has the same emulsified water separation rating as the OEM system, and doesn’t have the asinine upside down cartridge system that binds up as you have seen...
  17. T

Magnetic oil drain plug??

Anything that a magnetic drain plug is going to catch, is going to be comfortably caught by the oil filter. If you want a PPE plug for the bling factor, that’s just great, but it’s a non issue. Oil purity is not an issue these engines struggle with.
  18. T

From what I have gathered, the OEM rear filter is approximately a 10 micron filter, and the CAT alternative is every bit that much efficient. Not a downgrade in the slightest from what I have seen. Wouldn’t ever dream of swapping out the nano net filter on the block for that very reason.
  19. T

Has anyone tried one of these for the rear only? https://blackmarketperformance.com/collections/cummins/products/bmp-6-7-cummins-rear-cat-water-filter-adapter-13-18 I have zero desire to change the under hood filter setup, but I absolutely hate the upside down canister design of the 19+ rear...
  20. T

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

Mix EDT and LX4 at their recommended dosage in every tank on my 2022, and have yet to experience any of the usual dreaded 2022 MY problems with regens or lifter ticking. Am I setting myself up for a kick in the balls here soon? Who knows, but I doubt that a little more fuel lubricity is hurting...