Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. L

2018 Ram 2500 6.4 check engine light

Carquest brand filter I changed it out with one from mopar and refilled everything and it’s still shifting like hell so I’d say I’m gonna need another transmission.
  2. L

Update: the filter I had bought from parts store had came apart, which allowed air into transmission which has caused the low line pressure apparently those filters are known to be poor quality.
  3. L

Extended warranties are aggravating

I just found out that, the warranty company has over 2,000, if not more law suits on them right now. And dealerships are suing as well and attorney generals office is as well wish I would have known that 4 months ago.
  4. L

Yea I just cancelled the warranty with them so now I have to find a legit warranty company and wait another 30 days to get anything done and hope the transmission holds up for a month
  5. L

The warranty company said any shop in the area would take it to which clearly isn’t the case the shops kept saying they didn’t want to mess with that company so when I called the warranty company back they told me that they would call a few places and within 15 minutes he said there was only one...
  6. L

Yea that’s including labor to take old one out and put new one in
  7. L

And I changed the title to the post so I’m not directing it toward the dealers my bad.
  8. L

Warranty company won’t reimburse if I did pay out of pocket if it’s more than what they are wanting to pay
  9. L

Can’t afford to have it fixed out of pocket and diagnostics for it are outrageously priced right now especially after just making another payment on it and payed the useless warranty payment. But a estimated repair for it was around 15,000 if it’s the issue they think it is (over the phone)
  10. L

Yea I’m pretty much screwed so I’m just waiting for the transmission to go completely out then be walking everywhere at this point it sucks but it’s life
  11. L

There’s only one shop that is willing to use the warranty company I have but it’s about a 2 hr drive away and it has to be diagnosed first and trying to find a way to have someone follow me out to that shop and drop it off and then find a way to and from work it’s just a big hassle right now and...
  12. L

Well I tried to get a mopar factory warranty but they won’t cover it where it’s to late of a model
  13. L

No it’s a extended warranty through a company dealer wouldn’t offer a warranty but a 30 day one and it was bought from a ford dealer and they won’t do anything where it’s a dodge
  14. L

I’ve only had my truck for 3 months transmission is having issues. It’s a 2018 ram 2500 6.4 hemi, it threw a po838 code low line pressure in transmission. Been hearing a metal to metal and popping noise in it while lightly accelerating. I have an extended warranty with the truck but yet no ram...
  15. L

The noise is coming from the transmission itself when it’s shifting I heard it when I raised the rear end of the ground and put it in gear and hit the accelerator when it shifted it was metal to metal sound from inside the transmission
  16. L

2018 hd Ram 2500 slt 6.4 weird metal noise

Finally figured out the noise, I raised the rear end off the ground, put it in gear and hit the accelerator when it shifted is when I heard the metal sounds coming from the transmission
  17. L

Took it to a dealer they don’t know what the noise is they said it’s normal not to worry about it and the low line pressure they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. So not sure what to do now I think they just didn’t want to fool with it I know it’s not normal for it to make all that noise...
  18. L

I’d say the transmission that’s in it is a remanufactured one, I just got the truck about three months ago and there was no identification plates or numbers on it the transmission has also been cleaned up and painted so I’d say it’s possibly a jasper reman transmission . According to the dealer...
  19. L

Anyone??