Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CdnHO

5th Gen Dually weather cover

So far I been unsuccessful in finding a light weight weather cover. Anyone have a source for a light weight light color or silver weather cover that fits a 5th gen club cab dually? The starlings are trashing my truck. I am washing the crap off every day to avoid damaging the paint.
  2. CdnHO

Emergency vehicle notification.

Never noticed this message before. Firetruck ahead of us going in the same direction. Is the emergency vehicle transmitting some sort of signal?
  3. CdnHO

Mopar Service Library

I have a three day subscription to the Mopar Service library. I am in process of downloading wiring diagrams and well as some service data. Is there a trick to downloading? Or is the only way to resize and download each page, one at a time?
  4. CdnHO

Battery/charging circuit wiring diagram

Good morning. Does anyone have a schmatic for the battery/charging system they would be willing to share? 5th gen 3500
  5. CdnHO

UConnect Update

Last night I noted a message on my radio that indicated a UConnect Update. This morning I noted it was finished and just as I hit the OK button, I noticed a "What's New" button. Too late. Anyone know what in fact was new in this update?
  6. CdnHO

Passive Regen

Recently pulled my heavy 5th wheel 1700 miles and had the EVIC on the DPF page the entire way. It stayed at 0 the entire trip. I assume the truck was doing passive regens along the way, although there was no indication of this on the cluster. When doing a passive regen, is additional fuel...
  7. CdnHO

Water soaked cabin filter caused loss of air out of vents

Did a search but found nothing. This morning I could get no air to come out of the dash vents. The fan was running at full speed and there was no indication of anything wrong as doors seemed to move ok with the controls. At least the ones I could see. OK, so easy stuff first. Took out the...
  8. CdnHO

Tie Rod

On a 2021 3500 is the tie rod adjustment collar right hand (normal) or left hand thread. Or to put it another way does the top of the adjustment collar need to be turned forward or back to increase the length of the tie rod. The threads are so fine I can't tell. I have a bit of toe in wear...
  9. CdnHO

Transmission Gear Display 2018 3500

I have a friend who has a 2018 3500 Longhorn. Is it possible to enable a permanent transmission gear display on the cluster? I was able to enable mine on my 2021 using JScan. He enabled it using JScan as well but don't see the option in the cluster menu to display it.
  10. CdnHO

AC not working; I thought

This might help someone down the road. My truck sits for a week or two at a time. My A/C has worked pretty well since new. The truck had sat for over a week when I went for a short drive to have lunch with a friend. My A/C wouldn't work. Happend a couple of times before but always worked...
  11. CdnHO

Locking air chuck for duals

Thinking of getting the Lock-n-Flate dual tire locking air chuck. Looks like it will work on the inside tire but the angle of the outside tire stem might prevent engagement. Has anyone used this chuck successfully on the factory aluminum duals?
  12. CdnHO

Bird Crap Cover

Anyone have any luck finding a lightweight, well fitting cover for a Club Cab dually? The starlings spend May and June crapping all over it. I have been hosing the truck off almost every day but that is getting old. For some reason really bad this year.
  13. CdnHO

More power

Always in search of more power. :cool:
  14. CdnHO

Grid heater relay swap

Has anyone tried installing a 2019 mechanical intake grid heater relay in place of the solid state model on a 2020 or newer Cummins powered truck?
  15. CdnHO

Trailer TPMS Experience

Had no issues pairing the 8 tire sensors to the truck. Took a 400 mile trip this week. All 8 sensors reported at some point but rarely all at the same time. Tires would randomly drop off, usually on the rear axle but occasionally on the front. I have tandem axles with duals. Thinking of moving...
  16. CdnHO

Codes after installing REVELL links

I installed Revell links on the rear of my 3500. About an inch shorter than stock in order to lower the back end some when towing the fifth wheel. Nothing showed on the dash after the install. For the heck of it, I did a obd scan with my Blue Driver and received the following messages...
  17. CdnHO

Revel air suspension rods on 2WD

My bedrails in my 2WD dually are too high for my fifth wheel. The fiver tows nose high by about 4 inches. I bought the Revel rods which are really made to lift the back of the truck by lengthened the rod. I needed shorter rods to the truck so I cut an inch off each rod to make them an inch...
  18. CdnHO

App for fuel and DEF

Anyone know of an app that tracks both fuel and DEF useage? I am currently using Road Trip and it does a great job tracking fuel useage and maintenance expenses, there is no facility to track DEF useage. I have notified the developer and he says considering it for a future version. Not...
  19. CdnHO

2021 Diesel Mechanical Grid Heater Relay.

Has anyone with a 2021 diesel replaced their grid heater relay with a mechanical version? Going in for the recall next week but don't have any warm feelings about these solid state relays. I see mechanical relays for the 2020 models but not sure if they will fit. Maybe @Jimmy07 has some insight??
  20. CdnHO

Foggy digital rear view mirror towing

My digital rear view mirror works fine; except when towing. With the trailer connected, the rear view mirror looks foggy. Completely useless. Weird. Anyone else had this issue?