Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 12" uConnect update Failed Error 20

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Got an update for uConnect message on my 12" display today just as I pulled up to the house. Said the ignition had to be off and the vehicle in park. I told it do Update Now, turned the vehicle off and went into the house. About 45 minutes later I checked and it said Update Failed. Error 20, See dealer. I see the folks on the Jeep Garage Grand Cherokee forum are having the same problem with there UAQ and UAV 8" units. Anyone else gotten this error on their 12" units. Anyone have a solution?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I got an update notice a few days ago. I selected update and went in the house. I never bothered to check if it updated or not. Truck is at the dealer for the HPFP recall now so I guess I will have to wait to see if it updated. I wonder if it will push the update again on a failed update.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I had an update a week or so ago. I assume that everything went through, did not get any failure or error code.

mountainears

Reaction score
Please check and report version number after you get an update so we can see if a newer version is out compared to what has been posted here previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Got an update for uConnect message on my 12" display today just as I pulled up to the house. Said the ignition had to be off and the vehicle in park. I told it do Update Now, turned the vehicle off and went into the house. About 45 minutes later I checked and it said Update Failed. Error 20, See dealer. I see the folks on the Jeep Garage Grand Cherokee forum are having the same problem with there UAQ and UAV 8" units. Anyone else gotten this error on their 12" units. Anyone have a solution?
Hi jerryw1000

Sorry to hear you received this error message. If this is still present and you decide to alert the dealer for further diagnosis, our team is available via PM for additional support working with them.

Steph
Ram Cares

RamPilot

Reaction score
Hi jerryw1000

Sorry to hear you received this error message. If this is still present and you decide to alert the dealer for further diagnosis, our team is available via PM for additional support working with them.

Steph
Ram Cares
I got this error yesterday during an update… 11/30/2023. What is the resolution, besides going to the dealer? Does the dealer charge to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread