Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

daemonic3

Reaction score
It’s already there under settings.

You can select auto heated/cooled seats off/remote start/all starts.

With AlfaOBD you can then adjust the temp thresholds.
Awesome! I'll have to poke around again. It is not on the comfort screen so you must be referring to some deeper menu. Thanks for the tip. The temp threshold I would expect to follow the temp set in the thermostat, and some distance from the setpoint and current temp to decide what level to apply to the heat/cool. I'll check it out when I find it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll have to poke around again. It is not on the comfort screen so you must be referring to some deeper menu. Thanks for the tip. The temp threshold I would expect to follow the temp set in the thermostat, and some distance from the setpoint and current temp to decide what level to apply to the heat/cool. I'll check it out when I find it.
There is no such setting or adjustment for what you want to do- have the heated/cooled seats automatically turn on and off when the cabin reaches a set temp ranges.
They’re referring to a setting in the radio where the driver seat will automatically come on when starting the truck, but it stays on until you turn the seat off or adjust the three temp settings.

daemonic3

Reaction score
There is no such setting or adjustment for what you want to do- have the heated/cooled seats automatically turn on and off when the cabin reaches a set temp ranges.
They’re referring to a setting in the radio where the driver seat will automatically come on when starting the truck, but it stays on until you turn the seat off or adjust the three temp settings.
Ah, thanks Jimmy that clears things up.

I don't suppose you've heard about the mirror folding limit override I want for the 23-24 trucks right?

My biggest desire is for android auto to be allowed full screen like carplay but I'm sure that's way embedded in the uconnect code and not an override.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I don't suppose you've heard about the mirror folding limit override I want for the 23-24 trucks right?

My biggest desire is for android auto to be allowed full screen like carplay but I'm sure that's way embedded in the uconnect code and not an override.
Android auto is actually an android issue which is apparently supposed to be fixed with the next update i have heard

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

I’ll have to dig around in the 2023+ door modules with alfaobd when I get a chance. But that won’t be until I retro the new 23 mirrors onto my truck. I finally have the mirrors, and they are heavy AF, and that might have something to do with why they programmed them to not stay folded at speed.

As far as full screen android auto, android has already done their part on getting it to adapt to various screen sizes and orientations, but I heard from a reliable source that UC5 will never be capable of it.

daemonic3

Reaction score
I’ll have to dig around in the 2023+ door modules with alfaobd when I get a chance. But that won’t be until I retro the new 23 mirrors onto my truck. I finally have the mirrors, and they are heavy AF, and that might have something to do with why they programmed them to not stay folded at speed.

As far as full screen android auto, android has already done their part on getting it to adapt to various screen sizes and orientations, but I heard from a reliable source that UC5 will never be capable of it.
I believe it! 4 motors (1 for each glass, 1 fold, 1 extend), heating element, and camera. I remember when adding the tow mirrors on the F150, the bodybuilding sheet had it as a 20# option, and that's above what the stock power mirrors weighed. But there we had full control over folding them, at any speed. Also there's no way I'd ever want my mirrors unfolding without me actually using the button. If I'm creeping in a tight area and a pole or wall are coming up I do not want them unfolding just because I hit 8mph or whatever. It's as strange a decision for them to do that as Ford when they disabled the bed or rear cameras at 8mph, until we override the settings.

I'm not going to get into the android details but yes Android Auto has had the any aspect ratio feature since 2022 and I've used it in Fords, Hyundai and BMW. I was floored when I learned we can't make googoo maps full on this beautiful 12" screen, its so handy (and less dangerous!) to see surrounding traffic and alternate routes without pinching or panning.

Question on the "Auto headlights" category, because I haven't even driven my truck at night yet... The "auto dim brights" checkbox, is that only to dim after we manually turn on brights, or does it also do the opposite and auto-turn on brights when there are no cars around? I am used to auto-bright-auto-dim, but it sounds like ram is manual-bright-auto-dim? I found reference to "smartbeam" on 1500s and not sure yet if that's what I'd need to set in alfa?

daemonic3

Reaction score
Nevermind on the auto bright question. Decided to take a quick joyride at night, and found the behavior. Push the wiper knob away from you and it's high beams, and they are auto-bright-auto-dim (as long as the checkbox for auto dim is set). Perfect

Users who are viewing this thread