Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antenna

Palomba6

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone have information on the shark fin antenna on top of the cab. I would like to remove and put a different piece due to the height. I want to fit my 23’ Ram 2500 big horn in the garage and that piece is prohibiting me from doin that.
Thanks for the help.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect reason to raise the garage or even better build a new one! Lol

WXman

Reaction score
I doubt there are any low profile replacements for that antenna. And, replacing it requires dropping the headliner which is a PITA. Would be easier to lower the truck 1" or get slightly smaller tires.

niceguyzme

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I lowered the front part of the headliner, pulled the sharkfin off, filled the hole with another (XM antenna) and put the sharkfin on the dashboard inside. Everyhing still works fine. This allowed me an inch or two more to clear the garage door. The new XM antenna will not connect to anything... just plug the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread