Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Lowering Mode with Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension

Saskman

Reaction score
If you can run Alt height unloaded, you have enough actual (or sensed) weight to allow it. My SRW with a crossover box full of stuff and hitch installed won't go into Alt Height unless I hook up the 5th wheel or boat.
All that's in the box in the Bed Rug and a BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What I have noticed is that when the truck is too low in normal they can go into alt without a load, which seems to be a glitch but happens. It could be different for ‘24’s too, but that’s how older 4.5 gen’s seem to work.

Get normal adjusted properly and it shouldn’t go into alt empty.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What I have noticed is that when the truck is too low in normal they can go into alt without a load, which seems to be a glitch but happens. It could be different for ‘24’s too, but that’s how older 4.5 gen’s seem to work.

Get normal adjusted properly and it shouldn’t go into alt empty.

Given his description of where the leaves were, that makes sense.

I would go look at mine sitting in the drive, but I'm not wearing any pants.

jenninr

Reaction score
I haven't taken the time to take measurements or anything but my 24 says it goes into alt trailer height even when there's no load on it. I do not think it is actually lowering though. I never get the message that it is unable to lower like I have read about.

Users who are viewing this thread