Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camper shell set up? Soft topper?

PCT

Reaction score
I have been searching for a camper shell for months now on market place… not luck.

Is there any brands that are hard shells the ship direct to consumer? Leer and ARE require going to an authorized retailer even for just simple pricing.

What are your thoughts on the soft topper brand?

Open to input on all truck camper shells set ups.

Use for me? Occasional car camping, and usage for trips when I need to put my dogs in the back. Not storing tools or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob

Reaction score
I think Rsi sells direct.
I have the softopper and like it. I think it was expensive for what it is. It did go on sale after I bought it. Of course.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
What options do you have in it, not issues with sun fading or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
only option is the solid back panel. no issues with it at all.

jadmt

Reaction score
I have had a softopper and have an RSI there is no comparison.

PCT

Reaction score
I have had a softopper and have an RSI there is no comparison.

I would love an RSI, but I don’t have 4k to drop on a camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power247

Reaction score
I've had my Softopper since 2013. I bought it for my '12 and still run it today on my '19 when needed. I love the flexibility and that it takes up almost no space in the garage when I don't want it on the truck. I find the seams need to be treated with silicone waterproofing every couple years but otherwise it's been maintenance free.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a softopper and it’s perfect for what it is. I only want a shell a few times a year and didn’t want to store a hard shell.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yanking that rsi or other hard unit off everytime a gooseneck needs to be pulled would be a royal p.i.t.a. .. which is the main reason I run a s.t. ...

batlwagn

Reaction score
I have the leer 100xr and had the same on my 21 1500. I'll never have another truck without one. With a bedrug it guve me a safe comfortable location to transport the dogs. Not cheap though between 3500 and 5500 depending on the options.

Users who are viewing this thread