Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close to home. Baltimore key bridge collapse

flan

Reaction score
I just saw that, amazing.

whitexc

Reaction score
Wow. Prayers to those involved.

Sent from me

MtnRider

Reaction score
Crazy, it took out that entire bridge. Seems like there was plenty of room for that ship to pass in the middle, wonder why they were so close to the supports. Mechanical problem? drunk crew? I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

whitexc

Reaction score
Crazy, it took out that entire bridge. Seems like there was plenty of room for that ship to pass in the middle, wonder why they were so close to the supports. Mechanical problem? drunk crew? I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

They lost propulsion. They warned of a possible collision. Sad.

Sent from me

oledirteh

Reaction score
ive been watching the videos all morning. along with how they track the ships ect. when the boat leaves port it has to make a u turn in the river and head back down river towards the bay. on the ship tracker it was on course and lined up. then when you look at the video you can see it looses power twice and i believe the first time it lost power is when it turned. you can see he was full chooch and he did manage to make it turn a tiny bit but not enough. i feel this is an accident.

now we will have to deal with the economic impact of this as this is the major hub on the east coast. they will need steel to rebuild, and this is the port for it. well, we don't produce steel anymore so that will cost Maryland an insane amount of money in a time where our governor has already destroyed our surplus of money to about nothing. i wouldn't be surprised of these idiots in this state go buy all the TP today.

Enve46

Reaction score
My tinfoil hat is peaking right now but I’ll keep it turned off as clearly there’s loss of life and we need to be thinking of those people right now.

The recourse for this is going to be quite an interesting thing to see. I’m hopeful that a quick turnaround is achieved as that port receives a ton of vital items to keep this country moving, mainly in manufacturing and equipment

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
now we will have to deal with the economic impact of this as this is the major hub on the east coast. they will need steel to rebuild, and this is the port for it. well, we don't produce steel anymore so that will cost Maryland an insane amount of money in a time where our governor has already destroyed our surplus of money to about nothing. i wouldn't be surprised of these idiots in this state go buy all the TP today.

I’m sure the feds will be carpet bombing Maryland with money.

oledirteh

Reaction score
I’m sure the feds will be carpet bombing Maryland with money.
we will never see it lol. they are already carpet bombing us with tax's. they are or have added a 11% tax on 2a. now that they lost revenue on this bridge being a toll road, i suspect we will get another variation of a save the bay tax. 43-45% of my salary already goes to taxes. what's a bit more. our governor is a stooge and the mayor of Baltimore looks like a weasel.

Users who are viewing this thread