Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frequent Regen 2020 6.7

flan

Reaction score
How long were they committed to sticking with B2 when you spoke, is it possible they switched things up state mandated or no?
It seems strange this started so quick after a fuel up when you had logged tons of miles with only 24’s.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
How long were they committed to sticking with B2 when you spoke, is it possible they switched things up state mandated or no?
It seems strange this started so quick after a fuel up when you had logged tons of miles with only 24’s.
It really didn’t start right after a fuel up. This type of performance has been on a build up since the previous active regen cycle. The only reason I made it to the 24 hour mark last time is that I had a ton of towing to do, which kept the DPF soot loading down. Anytime I was driving unloaded it was raising. As far as the fuel, the person I spoke to was adamant they were sticking with B2. But I have no way of knowing if there was a fuel change.

56ram2500

Reaction score
I would think they’re sticking to additives only. And yes it absolutely gets below 32°F here in Pa during the winter. Seems like we usually linger in the teens and low 20’s for a decent portion of the winter.
If that's the case then one has to wonder what the additives are doing to the fuel that allows you to not see early an soot load in DPF that in turn allows you reach 24 her regen

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
If that's the case then one has to wonder what the additives are doing to the fuel that allows you to not see early an soot load in DPF that in turn allows you reach 24 her regen
I wonder the same thing.
I also wonder if it’s really the fuel, or if it’s the environmental changes. Possibly the MAF not adjusting to the lesser density of warmer air, or perhaps a combination of MAF relearn values and the change in fuels. I put PowerService silver bottle in this tank to see if it would help out. It doesn’t seem to have helped. I’m not sure what specifically about the anti gel additive would be beneficial to combustion or regeneration.

Users who are viewing this thread