Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headache racks?

Darkside

Reaction score
Used BACK RACK my son picked up for me from a used car dealer in the area for $20, a lot of dealers take them off when they get trade-ins and have racks and toolboxes behind the buildings. I really like using it as a handle while standing on the step to reach into my toolbox.IMG_3226.jpeg

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Sweet deal, anyone run a highway products model? They are really nice but $$$

Barryg

Reaction score
I am running one of the highway products headache racks. The guardian open mesh with lights. Had it about two years now. So far so good. Really like it. No it wasn’t as cheap as some of the others out there for sure, however it also has more style than many. Though that is surely personal preference. It fits my truck really well, matches the lines pretty good, doesn’t make noise like some I have ridden with.

on my 01 I had a b&w headache rack that I really liked. Had it for 15 years, it was showing its age and I transferred it to my 17 it fit and worked but the lines didn’t match as well as they did on the 01. When I moved it over I had it sandblasted and repowdercoated. it started rusting again fairly quickly so either a poor prep and or poor powder coat job. So when I sold the 17 it went with it and got the 22 that’s when I got the hpi rack and have been pleased with it.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I’m thinking about the guardian with the side rails for my 24 when it comes. My only concern is the side rails being too high to reach in the bed at all or being annoying…Please post some pics if you have time

Last edited:

Barryg

Reaction score
I will try to get some pics tomorrow
however I do not have the side rails. Just the regular mounts for the headache rack. Then my tool box (which is also an HPI box) sits on top of them. While I have not seen their side rails in person they look to be 3 inches or so tall. If that is the case I know I couldn’t reach the bottom of my bed.
You might try calling hpi for the specific dimensions of them. I know when I ordered my stuff who ever I talked with about my order was very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread