Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Hello all,

Can anyone confirm that what Koons is posting here is true and provide proof to back it up?

I bought a car from them about a decade ago (not CJDR) and had a TERRIBLE experience but am willing to put my grudge aside if they truly are selling ram HD trucks for what this account here claims that they are.

25% off MSRP are what these things are supposed to cost, not 60k for a bare bones tradesman.

Thanks!

Koons slightly beats of mark dodge when I quoted but they won’t sell to certain states, have a ton of rules and red tape- big turn off for me….id prefer to spend an extra 1% or less and go with cool dude like Anthony at MD…

Not to crap on Koons but I’ve heard of good experiences. I think a lot has to do with your location- good luck :)

Thisnthat

Reaction score
looks like doc/processing fees really could even out some of the prices on here. mark dodge used to be $200+ and is now $400+...that koons document shows $899. not sure what granger is...

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Ironically, CA hates its citizens but mandates $85 docs fees. I never understood some of these doc fees- they are really unearned junk fees.

Don’t get me started on real estate agents (speaking for myself) with these brokers charging $750-$2000 agency fees, $500 TC (state mandated paperwork fees) ontop of their commissions which should be included in that…everyone’s trying to make a buck, don’t be the idiot who pays it.

abc123

Reaction score
I have zero interest in a ram hd if it's a penny over 45k out the door. I think 45k is being very fair as well. Let's not pretend this brand hasn't always given solid markdowns and that MSRP has gone up by 50% the past couple of years...for a French-italian designed made in Mexico "American" pickup. Don't get me started on ford and gm...

The consumer has normalized the crazy prices so I'm not even mad at what some call "stealerships"

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I have zero interest in a ram hd if it's a penny over 45k out the door. I think 45k is being very fair as well. Let's not pretend this brand hasn't always given solid markdowns and that MSRP has gone up by 50% the past couple of years...for a French-italian designed made in Mexico "American" pickup. Don't get me started on ford and gm...

The consumer has normalized the crazy prices so I'm not even mad at what some call "stealerships"

Just the added gov. emissions items are prob 10k of the price of the truck...

People want unnecessary technology in a box with 4 wheels that goes from A to B. I wish I could custom order a truck with rubber floors, power everything, decent interior, 8.7 screen and a backup camera. Dont need 12 cameras, safety this and that, all garbage in my opinion.

The other issue is everything I walk into Home Depot, I buy 3 things and it comes out to $50 bucks. Similar items in 2015 was less than half. When I started flipping homes in 2012, I could do a full cosmetic remodel on a 1500 sq foot home for 15k. If it needed a kitchen, AC unit, more items, could end up being 30k but the place turned out super nice. Now, a cosmetic remodel on a rental property with new Electical and plumbing is running 20k, a heavy flip that cost 30k is pushing 50-60k. Lot of its overprinting of money, politics but hey I wont go there J.....

My 24 Laramie stripped down is costing 62k....I still think its high but its really a good deal comparing other things....

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Hello all,

Can anyone confirm that what Koons is posting here is true and provide proof to back it up?

I bought a car from them about a decade ago (not CJDR) and had a TERRIBLE experience but am willing to put my grudge aside if they truly are selling ram HD trucks for what this account here claims that they are.

25% off MSRP are what these things are supposed to cost, not 60k for a bare bones tradesman.

Thanks!
My 23 3500 from them came out as price promised. The experience overall was not bad, but they definitely need to improve their internal communication amongst different departments. I was a special situation as I am in the military and out of the country at time of delivery, and in order to complete the process I needed to sign papers that absolutely could have been done prior. The finance department was probably the worst to deal with, but otherwise the whole experience was neutral. They also only do internet orders pickup on a Saturday, so expect to spend time there, even though you plan out the trip and notify them at least two weeks in advance. The time they say is not guaranteed to be the time you start.

As far as the price goes, 45k seems like a pipe dream now for a brand new truck, so good luck and I hope you get what you’re looking for. Koons did beat out other dealerships on here but you do get a different service with them comparatively.

abc123

Reaction score
I built a 3500 tradesman hemi cclb on Rams website and with two packages and maybe two more options it came out to 58k lol

Mikerob14

Reaction score
If the 45k is your threshold, start looking at 1500s… even with the best deals out there, 12% off your 58k build only gets you to 51k. My advice, order what you can afford. But it sounds like you might be out of the 2500/3500 class at this point.

maxx442

Reaction score
I built a 3500 tradesman hemi cclb on Rams website and with two packages and maybe two more options it came out to 58k lol
You can go to the Ferd or Chebby website and do the same options and it will cost as much, if not more. It is not a Ram specific price index.

abc123

Reaction score
If the 45k is your threshold, start looking at 1500s… even with the best deals out there, 12% off your 58k build only gets you to 51k. My advice, order what you can afford. But it sounds like you might be out of the 2500/3500 class at this point.
I can swing it but I refuse to. Just ranting I guess

Users who are viewing this thread