Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Universal 8in LED License Plate Kit

Dathan_Swick

Reaction score
Rough Country Universal LED Licence Plate Kit
Has anyone used this on their 2500/3500? if so did you add a larger lightbar? say a curved 20in?

From the reviews Duane H says he put one on his 2500 and loves it. but I am more interested if someone else in the group has used this.
Installed on my Ram 2500 6.7l, flipped license plate light bracket towards engine and it fits perfect and recesses the LED light inside the bumper, wired, cut LED light lead from harness and wired directly to my factory interior upfitter aux switches, no relay or aftermarket switched needed. Awesome addition light on dark back roads. Looks like a factory install and best of upgrade the license plate mount from the junk OEM plastic. Only wish it would have fit on back plate to flip off bumper humpers up north.! regardless 110% satisfied with product, packaging, instructions and quality of product. Thanks Rough Country, looking forward to more Ram products
Also the placement looks very low. I am not sure this is the right solution, but it is def. budget friendly

scrmblr2

Reaction score
At that price, it’s almost a no brained to try it out. Heck, that 8” light bar will be that place in 6 months…..

relbus

Reaction score
Might be slightly lower than the 20" recessed mount from CJC. Not not by much. Now that they are selling the brackets by them selves from CJC, I'd double my budget and go with a 20" and those brackets. It will be a much cleaner look for slightly more money.

No way I would trust that plate bracket to hold a larger bar.

Dathan_Swick

Reaction score
Might be slightly lower than the 20" recessed mount from CJC. Not not by much. Now that they are selling the brackets by them selves from CJC, I'd double my budget and go with a 20" and those brackets. It will be a much cleaner look for slightly more money.

No way I would trust that plate bracket to hold a larger bar.
I recently found the CJC Bar, I like it. But I cannot remember why I did not pull the trigger on it. Perhaps it was a review I read. Anyway that is an option.
Also I really do not want to run a large bar with the RC Mount. I do like the idea of it being on the bumper and it not interfering with any sensors. I May end up just running ditch lights Who knows.

Edit, I read the reviews again, I did not see anything sensors or moving the tow points/hooks. I think I will go with that one. Makes sense

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
I run the 20" from CJC with Baja Designs bar. Seems to work pretty good. I've got the Baja Designs rear brackets on the way with S2 lights. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I currently have SoundOff Signal 4" LED strips on the back now. They just aren't bright enough.

Users who are viewing this thread