Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion: Remove "number key" keyboard shortcut - navigation trigger

UglyViking

Reaction score
As a heavy tabbed browser user, I find myself jumping back and forth between tabs with some frequency. On a mac I use "CMD + #" to indicate which tab I want to view at any given time. Sadly, sometimes if I hit the keys too fast it won't register my "CMD" key, just the number key. Normally this wouldn't introduce an issue, but on this site hitting the number "1" on the keyboard will take me to the homepage of HD Rams, an action I never want nor expect. It actually took me months to figure out what was happening.

I'd strongly consider removing this functionality, or at the very minimum, enabling users to disable it via a setting. That keyboard shortcut is amazingly frustrating.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Well that's mind boggling. Reminds me of those websites that do custom scrolling javascript, it's beyond annoying. (not y'alls fault obviously)

Users who are viewing this thread