Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap Halogen Headlight Assemblies to LED for 2023 SLT

satecomm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this has been discussed on here before but I’m only asking this because I’m being pulled in all sorts of directions locally when it comes to my 2023 Ram 5500 (not sure if that makes a difference from the 19-21 but that’s what I’m being told).

I wanted to swap the halogen assemblies to the reflector LEDs as well as the OEM fog light assemblies since I already have halogen fog lights from the factory on this truck. Dealerships are giving me different part numbers, saying all kinds of splicing and whatnot is required so I’m just lost… I was told the correct part numbers for the Laramie headlights without black housing are 68360180-AD and 68360181-AD so that’s what I ordered. I don’t have any programmer or proper OBD scan tool so it would be tough for me to change the BCM settings. So I’m stuck looking for a wiring harness along with the harness required for the LED fog lights conversion. I just want to do it once and not have any issues down the line. This is a tow truck and downtime is crucial not to mention DOT inspections so I have to make sure the lights are always functioning correctly.

Appreciate any info! Thanks to all.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
As far as I know, without AlfaOBD, you need the resistor and harness kit from retroshop.us for the headlights.

Not sure about the fog lights. Contact retroshop.us to see what they have for the fog light upgrade.

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
I just installed OEM tails this morning using the retroshop harness. It was plug and play.

Attachments

• IMG_5715.jpeg
    IMG_5715.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread