Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap Halogen Headlights and Fog Lights to Reflector LEDs in 2023 HD Ram

satecomm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this has been answered before but I’m getting pulled in all different directions and I’m getting sort of desperate here. I received all the parts (two headlights and two fog lights along with the bezel) to do this swap; however, all four local CDJR dealerships are unwilling to program the headlights for me in order to work properly with my truck. Some have even said they have never heard of what I’m doing and don’t think it will work. I have no time to order a custom harness now, I only purchased the parts because I have friends in other states who said it would be a completely plug and play swap aside from having the dealership program everything to function correctly. I don’t have AlfaOBD nor any access to an android to change the BCM settings myself (special thanks to Jimmy on here for his help thus far).

I waited weeks for these parts to arrive. I was trying to save money buying everything myself but due to having to reorder everything, the headlights, fog lights, bezels, and grille cost me a total of $3675. I had to order everything from different places. One dealership had the right fog, another had the left, you get the idea… I would’ve just ordered the infotainment.com kit from the jump if I knew online parts stores would cancel my orders leaving me to reorder elsewhere. I’m so close to just returning everything and giving up, this has been anything but how easy you guys make it seem on here. I had a dream of upgrading the 5” display to either the 8.4” or 12” as well but I have abandoned that idea seeing how complicated it is and how no dealerships around know what I’m talking about or willing to help me.

My question is what is the easiest way to get these headlights and fog lights to work on this truck? Also, what is exactly needed? Links would be great. Im being told I need a custom harness made in order to use AlfaOBD with a OBD interface I can buy off of Amazon? So confused lol. And FWIW, my truck came equipped with factory fog lights. At this point, I will literally pay someone to help me through the process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread