Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap out tow mirrors from a 2024 2500 onto my 2021 2500?

Rat

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 2500/6.7/mega cab with manual folding tow mirrors. When folded down, the convex mirror section is hard to see out of, nearly useless imo. And I prefer not to use them in the “up” position unless actually towing (won’t fit in garage, etc.). The mega-cab is great, but it creates a big blind spot for me.
Questions:
1-could I swap new mirrors from a 2024 2500 that would plug&play on my truck? I have no experience at using any kind of tuner. Will they fit?
2-if above is not possible, could I remove both sections of the mirror and replace it with one flat mirror that takes up the whole mirror cavity. Anyone done this?
Thanks-

Enve46

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2021 2500/6.7/mega cab with manual folding tow mirrors. When folded down, the convex mirror section is hard to see out of, nearly useless imo. And I prefer not to use them in the “up” position unless actually towing (won’t fit in garage, etc.). The mega-cab is great, but it creates a big blind spot for me.
Questions:
1-could I swap new mirrors from a 2024 2500 that would plug&play on my truck? I have no experience at using any kind of tuner. Will they fit?
2-if above is not possible, could I remove both sections of the mirror and replace it with one flat mirror that takes up the whole mirror cavity. Anyone done this?
Thanks-
This has been covered but the 23+ trucks have different front doors for the mirrors.

Rat

Reaction score
Thanks, and apologies for not searching prev posts thoroughly enough.
Anybody replaced both sections of the mirror with one flat piece of mirror glass?

slowindown

Reaction score
Questions:
Thanks-

On my 22 I was able to manually adjust the convex sections of my manual folding tow mirrors so they work good for me. I had the truck awhile before I realized you could move them around because on my 08 they’re fixed.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Questions:
Thanks-

You should be able to manually adjust the convex mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread