Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to drive one.....again. Got my first job at 15 and didn't have any wheels to get to work.
The boss had one of these sitting aorund in '85, so I got to drive it. Little different shade of blue though,
more like sky blue. But it had a 390 in it that would burn tires for a city block:)

775212eb641be770578a9975efe50f09.png
I beg to differ, I'll drive that bad boy but not over my Ram

Grey

Reaction score
Well as much as I like Dodge, I've never been able to forgive them for the Mini Van. In fact they are banned from my drive

Attachments

• Bane.jpg
    Bane.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2

JimKIII

Reaction score
This is my dream car. A friend in Alabama spent 8 years in the 1970s building a 1969 Camaro into a 600HP barely-legal street rod. In the 1990s he got a divorce, lost everything except his cars which he eventually stored under cover. Sitting for the past 18-20 years, the rubber has rotted, the exterior paint has faded, the interior is dusty, and much of the aluminum has pitted. Other than the inside roll bar and bucket seats, the interior is all original. He's in his mid-70s now and has no $$ or interest in fixing it up. In it's hay day, this Camaro won lots of local Alabama awards, but now sits forgotten and faded. If I were younger, had the space, tools and know-how, I'd haul this baby home and get her back in shape. But I have none of those if's. It's still sitting under cover in Alabama.
[Edited to correct the year]

Attachments

• 1969 Camaro 600hp back in the mid-'70s.png
    1969 Camaro 600hp back in the mid-'70s.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 1969 Camaro - 18 years under cover -1.png
    1969 Camaro - 18 years under cover -1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 1969 Camaro - 18 years under cover -2.png
    1969 Camaro - 18 years under cover -2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 1969 Camaro - original interior.png
    1969 Camaro - original interior.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 1969 Camero - 18 years under cover -3.png
    1969 Camero - 18 years under cover -3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

whitexc

Reaction score
This is my dream car. A friend in Alabama spent 8 years in the 1970s building a 1967 Camaro into a 600HP barely-legal street rod. In the 1990s he got a divorce, lost everything except his cars which he eventually stored under cover. Sitting for the past 18-20 years, the rubber has rotted, the exterior paint has faded, the interior is dusty, and much of the aluminum has pitted. Other than the inside roll bar and bucket seats, the interior is all original. He's in his mid-70s now and has no $$ or interest in fixing it up. In it's hay day, this Camaro won lots of local Alabama awards, but now sits forgotten and faded. If I were younger, had the space, tools and know-how, I'd haul this baby home and get her back in shape. But I have none of those if's. It's still sitting under cover in Alabama.

It won’t be wherever it is long now that it’s on the web! Good on him for hanging on. Sad for the car to sit.

Sent from me

Sam 15

Reaction score
This is my dream car. A friend in Alabama spent 8 years in the 1970s building a 1967 Camaro into a 600HP barely-legal street rod. In the 1990s he got a divorce, lost everything except his cars which he eventually stored under cover. Sitting for the past 18-20 years, the rubber has rotted, the exterior paint has faded, the interior is dusty, and much of the aluminum has pitted. Other than the inside roll bar and bucket seats, the interior is all original. He's in his mid-70s now and has no $$ or interest in fixing it up. In it's hay day, this Camaro won lots of local Alabama awards, but now sits forgotten and faded. If I were younger, had the space, tools and know-how, I'd haul this baby home and get her back in shape. But I have none of those if's. It's still sitting under cover in Alabama.
Thats a 1969

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
Well as much as I like Dodge, I've never been able to forgive them for the Mini Van. In fact they are banned from my drive
Ok give them some grace, they did add a turbo in some years

Dave01

Reaction score
My wife had a string of mini-vans, and the last one was a truly great vehicle, a Chrysler Town & Country, smooth and good driving, could hold a ton of people and gear. With 3 kids there really isn't a better vehicle choice.

Users who are viewing this thread