Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer blind spot system

Jeeper93436

Reaction score
I’m curious what your guys experience is with the “trailer blind spot system”. I was kinda excited about this when I first got my truck but I don’t think it’s that useful when towing a tow behind travel trailer. I watched the Ram video on how it works but mine doesn’t work like the video shows. I manually selected to the default setting of a maximum trailer length of 30ft and when I’m passing or getting passed the system detects the passing vehicle too close to the trailer, I feel like. I also don’t think it’s that sensitive when I’m driving without the trailer, compared to other vehicles. I believe the sensors are in the tail lights and my trailer is too close to the tail lights that it interferes with the sensors? I don’t know any thoughts?

jebruns

Reaction score
Works well on my 22 2500. But I'm pretty laid back when hauling. I try to give the non-towers preference, and let them go on by to make the pass before I pull out (assuming 2+ lanes in both directions). I still drive with the mirrors, and rarely have the blind spot system issue a warning. But it's a nice safety feature.

Also, the Ram camera I have on the back of my trailer shows how far back traffic is too. That helps a lot on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread