Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo actuater module failure

Roadracer47

Reaction score
My 2018 ram 2500 6.7L diesel has 54k miles and is throwing 3 codes: POOA1, POO3A, POOAF. The truck runs fine. I’ve been told to replace both the turbo and the actuator valve since it’s a long repair. I have purchased a new turbo and a new actuator valve. Can the turbo charger be inspected off the truck so I don’t have to replace both of them?

flan

Reaction score
Per genos garage:

check to make sure the gear that the actuator moves on the turbo is free. If this gear cannot be easily moved by one finger, you will need to replace the turbo. If you feel any resistance replacing the actuator will not help.

Gear box

Reaction score
On ISB Cummins at work I push it to thumb and index finger free movement. Has not backfired on me yet.
Actuator is pretty easy job, be sure to recalibrate after installing, We have some VGT turbos with 350,000 on them with second and third actuators on them.

Users who are viewing this thread