When it comes to the pickup truck market, manufacturers seem to offer more and more choices each year. While the 2021 Ram Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab lineup offers more choices than ever before, there are additional color options for those who choose certain trim levels and who are willing to custom order their trucks.
The low-production colors are available on Tradesman, Tradesman Power Wagon, and Big Horn/Lone Star packages (not available on Big Horn/Lone Star Sport models).
Currently, there are 13 low-production exterior colors available for the Heavy Duty lineup. Those colors currently include the following…
- Black Clear Coat (PX8)
- Case IH Red Clear Coat (P61)
- Construction Yellow Clear Coat (P71)
- Detonator Yellow Clear Coat (PYB)
- Light Green Clear Coat (PGC)
- Midnight Blue Clear Coat (PB8)
- National Safety Yellow Exterior Paint (P74)
- New Holland Blue Clear Coat (P72)
- Omaha Orange Clear Coat (PL4)
- School Bus Yellow Clear Coat (PL1)
- Timberline Green Pearl Coat (PGW)
- Utility Orange Clear Coat (P83)
- Yellow Exterior Paint (P63)
Thanks to our dealer sources, we are learning that several of the low-production colors have ended production for the rest of the model year. Those colors include Case IH Red Clear Coat (P61), Detonator Yellow Clear Coat (PYB), New Holland Blue Clear Coat (P72), Omaha Orange Clear Coat (PL4), Timberline Green Pearl Coat (PGW), and Yellow Exterior Paint (P63).
Two other colors will end production at the end of March as well. Those colors will be Black Clear Coat (PX8) and Light Green Clear Coat (PGC).
Choosing a low-production color will set you back $450 U.S. MSRP. Considering pricing for the high-production metallic colors like Granite Crystal Metallic will set you back $200, the price for the low-production colors don’t seem to be that out of reach for many.
For more information on ordering the low-production color choices, you can contact your local Ram Truck dealer for details.