Products
Trending

Ram Heavy Duty Production Percentages For February 2020:

Here Are Ram's Most Popular Trims, Cabs, & Powertrains For The United States...

Thanks to our dealer connections, we have some interesting information on production percentages that the Ram brand released to its dealer network for the month of February for the United States. While it doesn’t state that actual numbers of units built during the month, we do get to see what trims, cab configurations, and powertrains were the most popular this month.

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn Mega Cab 4×4. (Ram).

2020 Ram 2500:

The 2020 Ram 2500 (DJ) had an interesting production mix change this month. Usually the Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas) trim is the most popular package for Ram’s 3/4-ton pickup. However, this month, the work oriented Tradesman dominated production for the United States with 41%. That was followed by the entry-level luxury Laramie trim with 29%, Big Horn (Lone Star) with 15%, the premium Laramie Longhorn/Limited models making up 10%, and the off-road capable Power Wagon taking up 5% of the production capacity.

Out of those numbers, 87% of the trucks that headed for the United States were Crew Cab models, 11% were Mega Cab models, and only 2% were Regular Cabs.

Cummins-powered offerings (62%) outweighed the HEMI-powered trucks (38%). However, only 3% of the trucks built for the United States were two-wheel-drive (4×2) models, the remaining 97% were four-wheel-drive (4×4) models.

2020 Ram 3500 Limited Crew Cab Dually 4×4. (Ram).

2020 Ram 3500:

The 2020 Ram 3500 (D2) United States production mix, looked quite different than the 3/4-ton mix. Starting off with the most popular trim-level package being the entry-level luxury Laramie trim topping the mix with 33%. This was followed by the hard-working Tradesman model (28%), while the premium Laramie Longhorn/Limited models made up 23% of the mix, while the Big Horn (Lone Star) models made up the rest with 16% of the production mix.

Crew Cab models also proved to be the most popular offering with 81% of the production mix. Mega Cab models continue to show that they are popular mix with 15%, while only 4% of the trucks built were Regular Cab models.

Diesel proves to be the dominate offering in Ram’s 1-ton pickups. The 6.7-liter Cummins High-Output (HO) offering made up 57% of the production for February, while the standard output Cummins took another 38% of the mix. This left only 5% of the Ram 3500 production mix with HEMI power. As for drivetrain mix, all Ram 3500s for the United States were manufacturered with 4×4.

2020 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab Chassis Cab. (Ram).

2020 Ram 3500 Chassis Cab:

On the lighter scale of the Ram Heavy Duty Chassis Cab offerings, the Ram 3500 Chassis Cab (DD) production mix consist of mostly work truck applications. According to Ram’s numbers, 94% of the 3500 Chassis Cab models were built in the entry-level ST trim, while the mid-range SLT made up 3% of the mix. The luxury offerings like the Laramie trim made up 2%, while the new Limited trim only took up 1% of the production mix.

Of the trucks produces in February, 74% of them were powered by a Cummins turbodiesel engine, leaving only 26% of the 3500 Chassis Cabs being powered by the 6.4-liter HEMI V8.

However, when it comes to drivetrain, 92% of orders were made up 4×4 configurations. This left only 8% being equipped with 4×2.

Ram does not offer cab configuration ratios on Chassis Cab models.

2020 Ram 5500 Chassis Cab ST. (Ram).

2020 Ram 4500/5500 Chassis Cab:

The 2020 Ram 4500/5500 Chassis Cab (DP) models, usually consist of mostly commercial fleet trucks and the February numbers show it. Of the February production mix, 89% of the trucks built were the entry-level ST model. This was followed by 5% of the entry-level Laramie package, then 4% of the new premium luxury Limited package, while only 2% were of the SLT trim level.

All 2020 Ram 4500/5500 Chassis Cab models for February came powered with the Cummins turbodiesel. However, only 65% of those trucks came equipped with 4×4 configurations. The remaining 35% of course, came standard with 4×2.

Feburary 2020 Ram Heavy Duty Production Mix For The United States. (Ram).
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Commisions are earned off of Amazon purchases through these links.
Tags
Back to top button
Close