Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

racerdude321

Reaction score
I'm deducing these are the chrome ones from the parts catalog using the process of elimination. I imagine they'd use the same mounting hardware that's been previously provided for the black boards.
6MP95RUWAA (Left) & 6MP94RUWAA (Right)

Black Running boards (Night Edition style):
6MP94KXJAA (Right) and 6MP95KXJAA (Left) The mounting hardware is 68193128AB.

I like the all black ones, and can also appreciate how @TexMarQue pointed out that they match the bumper pattern on top of the rear bumper. But god almighty they are expensive. They even cost more individually than the powered factory boards ($608 vs $483).

Link to the parts catalog HERE
Thanks for the help, those seem to be all for the crew cab and not for the mega cab. Even searching that parts catalog they don't seem to list the mega cab model. :(

Warweasel

Reaction score
Would love to see some pics with the Ranch Hand. Heavily consider one or a full replacement front bumper.
I would be very careful and call Ranch Hand. I bought a rear bumper from them that was clearly labeled that it fit a 2019 3500 and it did not. They made it right, but they aren't always up to date on their website. I ended up going with a bumper from Bodyguard, which I love

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I went with Rough Country Nerf / Step and it bolted right up. Not the fanciest but it gets the job done.
I did try their drop step model, but it wasn't even close to matching up with the underside of the cab. The brackets were off over and inch both horizontal and vertical.

Attachments

• IMG_1329-1.jpg
    IMG_1329-1.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 219

Cummins3

Reaction score
So big city mike I have a buddy that wants these side steps like u have but in chrome for his crew cab I had him look I to these parts 6MP95RUWAA (Left) & 6MP94RUWAA (Right). The mounting hardware is 68193128AB.

He is also interested in the power assist steps for his crew cab. He is undecided on which he wants can he go with factory power running boards? Any part numbers he would need or do u guys reccomend amp power steps.... He has a 2019 big horn crew cab 6.7l

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for wheel-to-wheel N-fab style (similar to this https://n-fab.com/nerf-step-system) for a crew cab long bed? I'm afraid I'm going to destroy the chrome steps that came on the truck working around the ranch.

Also, what are my steps worth if I sell them myself?

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 176

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for wheel-to-wheel N-fab style (similar to this https://n-fab.com/nerf-step-system) for a crew cab long bed? I'm afraid I'm going to destroy the chrome steps that came on the truck working around the ranch.

Also, what are my steps worth if I sell them myself?
They will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Havoc hoop style is good, but anything can be abused/bent, aside from rock rub rails.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I've had the chrome factory boards on trucks before and they always look like cr@p after a year or so. I started just taking them off and going to no boards or the metal N-fab style. Unfortunately a knee injury and age makes me want/need steps for this truck. I'll check out the Havoc.

Anyone had any good/bad review of the Go Rhino? They look nice in person but not sure how they hold up.

Also looking into the Steelcraft but mostly because I work next door to their distribution center.

TophandRam

Reaction score
What's everyone running for side steps/running boards/Nerf bars?

I like the looks of the hoop style.

Any pics on the 19s?
Steelcraft makes a nice heavy duty style not nuff style but more stylish and they offer different texture black , satin, gloss options..
They have door to door or wheel to wheel..about 500 bucks..these are mynext upgrade over the stock Ram running boards..e coated and powered coated 2 year warranty on finish..I run there bumpers and have there headache rack

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I found these on the steelcraft site. I may call them when I get back to the office (on a job site for 2 weeks :() and see if they have a set that will for sure fit the 2019.

Squatch

Reaction score
I found these on the steelcraft site. I may call them when I get back to the office (on a job site for 2 weeks :() and see if they have a set that will for sure fit the 2019.

I’ve been looking at those too. I can’t find any examples of them in the wheel to wheel on a late model but they do have a picture of it in cab length on a 19+ HD ram. 9885EBCA-984A-4D9C-8563-70C3FEB3A39A.jpeg

Squatch

Reaction score
I like them, but i have this internal struggle with shaving off 5 ish inches of ground clearance...as if I’d ever really need all that ground clearance anyway...

OkieRam

Reaction score
Iron Cross here

Attachments

• Ram_side.jpg
    Ram_side.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Ram_front.jpg
    Ram_front.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 274

el_barto

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these rocker panel protectors / steps are available from Mopar? This video was shot at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show by Truck Tube.

Edit - "There are some prototype Mopar parts, that Mopar is featuring on the truck to see the public’s reaction. Prototype off-road rock rails that are power-coated, provide protection when driving in off-road conditions. We really like these prototype rock rails and hope Mopar adds them the their portfolio."

those look like the rock Sliders/steps that come on the 2021 Power Wagon with the 75th Anniversary Package... I’m guessing they will hit the Mopar catalog for anyone to buy later this year.

ianacole

Reaction score
But I think I like N-Fab's EpYx style even more: (Yes, I've been really happy with N-fab and can't find a reason to switch brands at the moment.)
View attachment 822

Is this your truck? I have the same side steps, but they seem to set back much further than that, and that's the only thing I don't like about them. Do you have a straight, side-on shot you can share?

Thanks!

el_barto

Reaction score
I have White Knuckle Offroad rock sliders. I ordered them special with 2x4 main rail rather than 2x3 so they stick out a bit further as a step. I also put grip tape on the top because I found they were slippery even when dry with just the powdercoat finish. The kick out at the rear is perfect for standing on to get things out of the toolbox.

Attachments

• 36751669-56E0-4270-B8F4-B216398477FF.jpeg
    36751669-56E0-4270-B8F4-B216398477FF.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 280

anthonyeandrews

Reaction score
Aries retractable running boards on my ‘20 PW
e159c544f669f309927405f3a3fea491.jpg

20b74d54762f3a23fcd277a406ba97f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread