Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

lowfidelity

Reaction score
I’m really surprised how lacking the aftermarket options are for our trucks. I guess coming from Jeeps will do that to ya.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
I just discovered that while you can't order wheel to wheel steps for the CCLB through mopar accessories, you can order replacement parts for the trucks that were ordered with them as a factory option. The black wheel to wheel steps were only available if you had the night edition package and they were an $845 upgrade. To buy the replacement parts from a dealer they're over $900 each. Looks like they can be found online for about $540 each which is still not a cheap option, but one of the only options for the CCLB. I had ordered a set of the DeeZee steps but they're only cab length and are not gonna keep the boulders away from the paint on the bed that these new 35's are throwing every time I transition from the dirt road I live on to the highway. These are the part numbers for the ones that are painted black for anyone that's interested:

6MP96KXJAA (right side)
6MP97KXJAA (left side)

Mopar side steps.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m really surprised how lacking the aftermarket options are for our trucks. I guess coming from Jeeps will do that to ya.
The after market is not really lacking but the stuff that is from the 4th gens that fit should get updated on sellers websites

lowfidelity

Reaction score
The after market is not really lacking but the stuff that is from the 4th gens that fit should get updated on sellers websites
Would love some wheel to wheel motorized steps. I wonder if that exists for 4th gen...

lowfidelity

Reaction score
I just discovered that while you can't order wheel to wheel steps for the CCLB through mopar accessories, you can order replacement parts for the trucks that were ordered with them as a factory option. The black wheel to wheel steps were only available if you had the night edition package and they were an $845 upgrade. To buy the replacement parts from a dealer they're over $900 each. Looks like they can be found online for about $540 each which is still not a cheap option, but one of the only options for the CCLB. I had ordered a set of the DeeZee steps but they're only cab length and are not gonna keep the boulders away from the paint on the bed that these new 35's are throwing every time I transition from the dirt road I live on to the highway. These are the part numbers for the ones that are painted black for anyone that's interested:

6MP96KXJAA (right side)
6MP97KXJAA (left side)

View attachment 12333
Anyone have a close up of these? Maybe a non stock photo?

Bugdude

Reaction score
How do you like them? I've read mixed reviews of them so far.

Been looking for some wheel to wheel running boards for the CCLB to help keep rocks of the rockers and rear flares but these are some of the only I've seen. Anybody found any other options?
I really like them!

madmat

Reaction score
It really is sad how hard it is to find Wheel to Wheel boards for CCLB. I've also been on the hunt and not having much luck for options.

McHenry2500

Reaction score

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
My truck is regular cab 8' box and I would like to install wheel-to-wheel. I would really like to find functional steps that are up tight and also serve as rocker panel protection. Has anyone seen any offerings like this?
What’s the length needed?

I ask because white knuckle Offroad sliders are 99” and they sandwich the frame with big plates. They’re made for crew cab trucks, though (power wagon) so you may need to make modifications.

**the problem I foresee with your regular cab long bed is that most of the “steps” available use the rivnuts in the holes behind the rocker panel. They don’t attach to the bed at all. So, I’m not sure any of the long wheel to wheel steps will work. .. I’d be willing to bet the steps for regular cab trucks are cab length for this reason.

madmat

Reaction score
Ok so I've been hiding a little secret in regards to running boards since the company was having issues sourcing their step pads and up until just recently didn't have anything available. I just talked to the owner's son and they are back to making their amazing running boards and have now shipped out to their warehouses. It's originally an Australian company that moved to Alberta(still have ties here in Alberta) then last year moved their main operations down to Texas. I have dealt with them for my last 3 long box trucks and highly recommend them. I just ordered a set of wheel to wheel for my soon to arrive CCLB and will post pictures once my truck arrives(4-5 weeks) for you guys to see. They do all cabs and box configurations and if you need something custom they will do it as well. In the past ive gotten them color matched to my truck and a layer of rock protection film added.
I have zero affiliation with them but they produce a product that id recommend to anyone and have gotten alot of comments about on my past trucks. They are pricier then others but they don't corrode, are solid, protect the rockers and look great.

Ram Gallery

Attachments

• B1E5CE10-3CE0-4B03-8A82-5C2B40B3DC27.jpeg
    B1E5CE10-3CE0-4B03-8A82-5C2B40B3DC27.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:

abillerbeck

Reaction score
abillerbeck; how low do those steps drop from the cab? How much ground clearance did you lose? I too have been on the hunt for some wheel-to-wheel steps but I'd rather have some that fit pretty close up to the cab. My factory boards seem really low.

Looks like I lost about 5" of ground clearance along the sides there. Bottom of the running board bracket to the ground is 14" and bottom of the pinch weld on the cab to the ground is 19". Top of running board to top of door sill is about 10.5".

I hate losing ground clearance especially with this long of a wheelbase, but I hate losing paint from rocks coming off the front tires more so these running boards were a good compromise. Like Rockcrawlerdude mentioned, White Knuckle Off Road makes some great sliders, but unfortunately they don't make any for the 2019-2021 CCLB yet.... if they did I would have bought them for sure instead (would've been a heck of a lot cheaper too!).

SHARKWAGON

Reaction score
Question: I have the chance to get the 75th Anniversary Edition Rock Rails for my 2021 Non-Anniversary edition. Does anyone knows if it is “plug and play”? Or do I need something else other than the rails and the hardware? For example rivnuts etc...

DinosRam

Reaction score
Question: I have the chance to get the 75th Anniversary Edition Rock Rails for my 2021 Non-Anniversary edition. Does anyone knows if it is “plug and play”? Or do I need something else other than the rails and the hardware? For example rivnuts etc...
They just bolt on

Attachments

• AE5C521E-78CA-4CD5-AC88-F51908992CCF.jpeg
    AE5C521E-78CA-4CD5-AC88-F51908992CCF.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 6CAD4FCE-B381-4456-A12D-9E07C5B23D43.jpeg
    6CAD4FCE-B381-4456-A12D-9E07C5B23D43.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 188

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the pictures. Its a bolt and nut system correct? And not a rivnut? I can’t see what goes on the other side of the bolt.
Rivnuts, I believe.

Look under your truck. IIRC, There are rectangle holes (or maybe just tape) and then there are hexagonal holes covered in tape. Those are where the rivnuts go.

Users who are viewing this thread