Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusty old shellback's latest activity

• Crusty old shellback
    Crusty old shellback replied to the thread Tire cupping.
    It's seen it's share of off road. Baja, and now here in Reno. And now I live 2 miles down a dirt road that is not always smooth, they do...
  • Crusty old shellback
    So everything I see in my research says: alingment; had it done after the issue started. Balance; added balance beads last week. Shocks...
  • Crusty old shellback
    My truck weighs: 4280 front axle 3080 rear axle. I had it weighed. :cool: This was when I had BFG 35x12.50R17 tires on it.
  • Crusty old shellback
    I run 32F/28R cold. That gives me 37F/33R hot when tires are up to temp. But it's still a bit overinflated, especially in the rear as I...
  • Crusty old shellback
    Just checked it again, both with tire on and tire off, no play in anything that I can see. Actually lifted the truck a little when...
  • Crusty old shellback
    Here's a few pictures. The cupping/scalloping is on the inside and outside of the tire.
    • 1000009862.jpg
    • 1000009863.jpg
    • 1000009864.jpg
    • 1000009865.jpg
  • Crusty old shellback
    Put the axle up on a jack stand. Checked up and down rotated the tire. With all 4 on the ground, had the wife swing the steering wheel...
  • Crusty old shellback
    what a shame! you can't use those on Public Roads... Better give them to me. I'll stop by and get them. :)
  • Crusty old shellback
    I live on a private road. :cool: And the public road to get to my private road is in the boonies where noone is around at night. :D
  • Crusty old shellback
    Do you have any other suggestions? I can't see anything that stands out as the issue. The track bar has slop in the bushings. And shocks...
  • Crusty old shellback
    So talking with CJC, looking at the Carli track bar and a set of their fox 2.0 ifp performance series shocks all around.
  • Crusty old shellback
    Like I said, I'm old and had a few beers since then. And I've had several alingments since then and a few different tires.
  • Crusty old shellback
    Ok. Sorry I'm old and had a few beers since then. I just remember it was out of spec from the factory and we set it as close to 0 as we...
  • Crusty old shellback
    Can't go wrong with spicer.
  • Crusty old shellback
    Both. Factory specs allow a positive toe. Mine was past the negative factory spec when I got it. Thuren spec is 0 or slightly negative...