Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 2500 has been in regen for two years.

Jstein1226

Reaction score
It sounds like you need to take it somewhere honestly. I believe you are in over your head. If you give a location maybe someone can point you to a reputable shop.
Im near San Antonio. It’s been in the shop 3 times with nearly $10k spent doing what they recommended.

flan

Reaction score
Im near San Antonio. It’s been in the shop 3 times with nearly $10k spent doing what they recommended.
I’d have to ask the shop foreman some tough questions, like why have I spent 10k for no reason?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What have you spent 10K on?

At a minimum your DPF needs replaced, as black smoke is only possible with a failed DPF.

Also, the isn’t deleted with stock software.. right?

Jstein1226

Reaction score

At a minimum your DPF needs replaced, as black smoke is only possible with a failed DPF.

Three times in diag then the sensors and other things the shops have recommended. One shop said I had to pay to send the filter off for cleaning.

Jstein1226

Reaction score

No it is not deleted….. yet

Enve46

Reaction score
No it is not deleted….. yet
If that’s an option for you it’s what I would do. It also has its risks that’s for sure which is why I don’t own a diesel cause I also didn’t need one.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t know how to get that information. It’s blowing black smoke. When I have the exhaust brake on, it will clear the regen under deceleration but the second I touch the gas peddle it the regen comes back.
If it’s pushing soot-laden exhaust out the tailpipe the DPF is either cracked in the media, or the pressure vessel is compromised and the exhaust is escaping around the media. A DPF that is functional should trap 99% or more of the soot in the exhaust stream and not allow anything past.

Users who are viewing this thread