Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

desert_wagon

Reaction score
2023-12-02 16.23.18.jpg

Reserved:
Other Notes: Penetrol by Flood is by far the best powdercoat restorer on the market.
Undercarriage Coating: Chemical Guys Bare Bone, spray wait a few hours rinse with carwash sprayer(water only)
Planned:
Rear Bumper: Expedition One, dual swingout.
Always on camera mod...need to figure that one out
Other misc skids like the ones from Maple Offroad (trying to get White Knuckle Offroad to make these , they are prototyping now! yayyyy!)
Old school floor foot brights clicker, except this will cycle between amber high, white high and off. So doable with some breadboard work and a few transistors.
Garmin Camera Install for shell, have it will install when I run power to the shell.
70amp run to shell with distribution block with Garmin Powerswitch.(relocated from engine bay)
1010 bar for internal shell framework for storage, firstaid kits tools jacks etc.
Yankum Ropes: Brummel loop rope and fairlead, no more metal.
Yaesu FT-891 + ATAS-120A Antenna, HF baby...long distance ...mobile.
Spare tire stuff....still thinking...

In the Middle of:
....dielectric grease on all fittings below the door handles. Side Note: a small syringe(no needle) injects just the right amount of grease into the female side of the connector, q-tips for the male side.
Completed so far: Rear locker connector, swaybar connector, 4 LP9's, XL's, ditch and fog.
Planned: front locker, thinking about the large wire harness's behind the wheel well liners for the front(driver and passenger side)

Completed:
Jiri's Wheel Trim Kit: gained about 1.1" of clerance, 37x13.5's not even close.
Decked Storage, absolutely great
Rear Locker Cable: extended and rerouted next to brake lines, Molex Harley Connector (
Behind Back Seat mod, driver side only...adding a basic cargo net.
SwitchPros + NH Overland Sunglass storage mount for the panel.
Communication: Ham radio Kenwood TM-D710G (2m/70cm, GPS/APRS) fully open TNC, possibly HF later but don't think its really needed. (antenna bracket and main unit mounted under steering column)
Front Bumper: Expedition One bumper with Baja Designs XL Pro fog lights.
Suspension: Carli Pintop +R2 Coils(rear), Thuren Rear Trackbar, Carli Front Trackbar
Steering: Synergy Drag Link & Tie Rod. Fox TS steering stabilzer, added the Synergy relocation plate, its within 0.300" of the carli location and its better built.
CKMA12 + bluetooth controller (PCM), NH Overland engine mount bracket.(installed, now for brackets and air lines). Tapped F65(Inverter/USB) to provide "enable" signal for compressor/pcm module then the powerswitch controls a relay to turn the compressor on/off. Brackets installed, interrupted during airline install.
ARB Pressure Control: program can be side-loaded from sd card to Garmin Overlander, this means keeping control of system (powerswitch and arb pressure control) on one device. Crashed once but after that no crash and complete control.
Swing Case: drivers side, recovery gear.
Shiftsolutions x-fer case shift knob...the old one is just cheap.
ARE CX HD Shell & BajaRack Megamule.(bearly fits)
Method 315's Ram Edition (+25mm OS) + Falcon Wildpeak R/T01 37x13.5r17 E2, Procal Snap setting: 354, speed is on-spot.
Forward Lighting: Baja Designs LP9 Pro's x4 & Garmin PowerSwitch/Switchpros for compressor and lighting(wanted a pushbutton panel), so worth the price. 44k lumens is MORE than enough, aka went overboard......*LP9 Running lights tie into cab clearance/width markers. (Fuse 79, mini fuse taps)
Ditch Lights: Baja Designs a-pillar ditch light brackets + Squadron Pro's, another 9.8k lumens. (Routing was done by removing the center push pin in the cowl clips and using a wide flange stainless steel sheet metal screw and harness clip, seemed like a clean way to go.)
Trans Skid Plate: Dethloff Mfg.
Sliders: White Knuckle Offroad
Front/Rear Diff Covers: AEV
Plastic removal on various underbody parts including that front useless air dam
Resonator delete. Needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Amazon Wagon List

Amazon Maintenance List

Attachments

• 2022-02-06 17.11.31.jpg
    2022-02-06 17.11.31.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 2022-03-02 17.23.09.jpg
    2022-03-02 17.23.09.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 2022-03-02 17.23.21.jpg
    2022-03-02 17.23.21.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 2023-02-25 15.55.07.jpg
    2023-02-25 15.55.07.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 2023-12-24 14.40.59.jpg
    2023-12-24 14.40.59.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

bax229

Reaction score
Just installed the same Randy Ellis light bar. Debating between the LP9 Pros or Sports. Were you able configure the sPOD to control the High/Low/ Backlight features of the Pros?
Thanks

Patsarge

Reaction score
View attachment 14580

Planned:
Thuren 2.5 suspension
ARE CX HD Shell
RTT, no idea yet
Onboard Air, arb probably but maybe Viair
37's, Cooper STT Pro
Trail Ready rims, spent 70k on a truck...why get cheap now?
F/R High clearance bumpers, not sure exactly what I want to do but I got time. Expedition One is in the lead, not entirely highest clearance, but high enough.
Always on camera mod...need to figure that one out
Ham radio 2m/440/6m + (APRS), possibly HF later but don't think its really needed.
Baja designs a-pillar ditch light brackets(for ham antennas, yes plural...antenna's)
LP9 Running lights tie into cab clearance/width markers. (Fuse 79, waiting for mini fuse taps)
Dethloff Skid Plate(on order still 3 weeks away....I hope)
Other misc skids like the ones from Maple Offroad (trying to get White Knuckle Offroad to make these since they are local, and the guys down there are great!)
Behind Back Seat mod...this weekend.
Old school floor foot brights clicker, except this will cycle between amber high, white high and off. So doable with some breadboard work and a few transistors.

Completed:
Forward Lighting, LP9 Pro's x4 & SPOD, so worth the price. 44k lumens is MORE than enough, aka went overboard......
Sliders: White Knuckle Offroad
Plastic removal on various underbody parts including that front useless air dam
Resonator delete. Needs to be cleaned up a bit.
F/R AEV Diff Covers.

Patsarge

Reaction score
How long have you waited for your Dethloff skid plate. Im at 4 months today and still not shipped!

desert_wagon

Reaction score
How long have you waited for your Dethloff skid plate. Im at 4 months today and still not shipped!
Hmm, lemme see, think I'm at 12 or 14 weeks, he emailed and said the 14th of May all ordered skids will be out

Patsarge

Reaction score
Thats what I was told also And I am at 17 weeks now as far as I can tell.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
so quick update, got a garmin overlander for offline maps etc.....noticed "powerswitch" icon, so found out garmin makes a digital wireless switch. Long story short, got one installed it.
Observations so far:
1. uses the garmin overlander screen or your phone(or a spare phone, everyone has plenty of those around), no need for secondary screen(spod is a bit smaller than this)
2. has 6 channels, 2 channels less than spod, however you can wirelessly control more than one unit(big plus)
3. footprint of controller unit is half the size of a bantamx.
4. has 2 digital inputs, like 3.3 to 18 volt turn on, you can actually define what software switches are turned on by these......seriously considering a footswitch so I can flash idiots that don't get the point of turn your high beams off. spod has 8 I believe, but 2 are used for very specific conditions.
5. both have a 30amp max load per channel
6. garmin has a "fused main", spod has a "resetable fuse main"(a breaker probably)...so spod wins that one
7. spod has electronically fused resetable outputs, not sure garmin does, tried finding info, there is none. My guess is they do, but that being said I might inline fuse anyways. Aha ...found some info
Electrical Circuit Protections

The Garmin PowerSwitch™ device limits the amount of electrical current for each output terminal. If a single output exceeds 30 A, the device turns off that output automatically. If the device detects a total system load of more than 100 A, the device turns off all outputs automatically.

8. spod is hardwired to screen, garmin in bluetooth.

.......side note, didn't mean to sound a like a review or compare, but I think people would like to know the similarities and differences between the two.

Attachments

• 20210713_111204.jpg
    20210713_111204.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210713_113028.jpg
    20210713_113028.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
@eldedo Thanks for the info on this, pretty interesting idea. The thing I'm most interested in is knowing it's time delay. I find that a lot of electronics have a less than instant feel when operating switches and the like. Does it feel instant to you?

desert_wagon

Reaction score
@eldedo Thanks for the info on this, pretty interesting idea. The thing I'm most interested in is knowing it's time delay. I find that a lot of electronics have a less than instant feel when operating switches and the like. Does it feel instant to you?
I would say there might be half a second tops. So it doesn't feel like a delay at all. It's Bluetooth, so speed is probably a non factor. I thought being under the hood would present a problem but it hasn't. It also has 2 inputs for physical switches if you need a backup. There is an app for your phone as well. I think Bluetooth communication is around 112mbps now so.

Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
I would say there might be half a second tops. So it doesn't feel like a delay at all. It's Bluetooth, so speed is probably a mon factor. I thought being under the hood would present a problem but it hasn't. It also has 2 inputs for physical switches if you need a backup. There is an app for your phone as well. I think Bluetooth communication is around 112mbps now so.
Thats good to know. Half second is noticeable but doesn't feel slow, so I could prob live with that. The larger issue is delay on touch screens or processing over bandwidth issues. I'm glad to hear it is working well, hopefully it continues. I'd be interested in a 6-12 month review.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Ok the powerswitch is pretty nice, just discovered custom buttons and actions tied to. One button to turn everything on, easy. I have setup at least 8 buttons on that screen, unsure of how many you can put on one screen.

Attachments

• 20210808_102441.jpg
    20210808_102441.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20210808_102431.jpg
    20210808_102431.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Thats good to know. Half second is noticeable but doesn't feel slow, so I could prob live with that. The larger issue is delay on touch screens or processing over bandwidth issues. I'm glad to hear it is working well, hopefully it continues. I'd be interested in a 6-12 month review.
one little caveat.....make sure to exit the app when putting away the tablet, otherwise when you turn it on the ui is scaled wrong(its not terrible, just an annoyance) Closing the app then reopening will fix, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the bluetooth to re-establish connection.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
20210925_173805.jpg2021-09-25 17.44.17.jpg
Under the steering column, plenty of room and rock solid. That's a Yaesu FTM400 with a remote head. Tractor supply Co, for the angle iron and 2 standoffs. Only one hole drilled, the ac plastic manifold was removed...one clip on left side and pulls right off.

Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
Under the steering column, plenty of room and rock solid. That's a Yaesu FTM400 with a remote head. Tractor supply Co, for the angle iron and 2 standoffs. Only one hole drilled, the ac plastic manifold was removed...one clip on left side and pulls right off.
Clever idea. I've got the same radio and just mounted it under the drivers seat. I do wish it was louder, so perhaps this could help. When it's turned all the way up how is the volume?

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Clever idea. I've got the same radio and just mounted it under the drivers seat. I do wish it was louder, so perhaps this could help. When it's turned all the way up how is the volume?
dunno yet, waiting on a new antenna from dx engineering I ordered.

UglyViking

Reaction score
dunno yet, waiting on a new antenna from dx engineering I ordered.
Well report back on how it is. I think under the seat is less than ideal placement due to the fact that it's got carpet and a foam seat soaking up all the sound. I'd imagine your placement is far better.

Quick

Reaction score
View attachment 22433View attachment 22442

I might have missed it, but what antenna mount is that? Will it fit an NMO mount?

Users who are viewing this thread