Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 2500 limited mirror cameras not in system?

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
So I just got a 2021 ram 2500 limited and it has the 12” screen and the surround camera and has the big mirror cameras but I can’t access them at all? Like when I go to surround view and click the cargo can the option to look at mirror cams isn’t there? I’m confused as what is the point of having cameras in mirrors if you can’t access them like other trucks can? Pics show the views I have and the option just isn’t there for whatever reason? IMG_4592.jpegIMG_4591.jpegIMG_4472.png

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
That's odd. Wonder if it's an optional package feature. They should show up here:

1715267099755.png

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you need the Trailer Reverse Guidance feature equipped. I thought that was standard in a Limitedin 21, but perhaps not

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a BCM programming issue. I think there were some others that had similar problems.

Your front cam button is also missing.

@Jimmy07

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
I don’t think you need any special package. From what I’ve gathered it is part of the surround package? Maybe I’m wrong though. Access to front cam is 22+ I read. But mirrors I am pretty sure should be there? Thanks for the reply guys.

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
Showing a video of where the button is doesn’t help.. I know HOW TO SEE THE CAMERAS.. they just arnt there physically lol.. so yea that dosnt help lol. I traded in a 2022 1500 with surround view that had them so I know how the screen and menus etc work.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think you need any special package. From what I’ve gathered it is part of the surround package? Maybe I’m wrong though. Access to front cam is 22+ I read. But mirrors I am pretty sure should be there? Thanks for the reply guys.

Yea, not sure what I was thinking. I can access front cam through surround, but there's no "hard" button unless you have the offroad package. FWIW, I wasn't able to enable that on my 2500 but believe the 2500 is able (with AlfOBD or JScan).

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I see tow tech surround view on the Monroney so it would appear your truck is one of those afflicted with the missing sales code in the BCM.

Take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

If you have the trailer surround cam kit, you might try plugging it in as well to see if the AUX/trailer surround button shows up (that's also missing).

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Showing a video of where the button is doesn’t help.. I know HOW TO SEE THE CAMERAS.. they just arnt there physically lol.. so yea that dosnt help lol. I traded in a 2022 1500 with surround view that had them so I know how the screen and menus etc work.
You asked if these trucks have access to those cameras as others do and you asked why they would include the cameras if not. I was simply showing that they do work as you expect if your truck has the correct optional package. Left the video to highlight the point so you could either research your trucks optional equipment and/or follow up with a dealer.

Appreciate the condescending reply though. Hope that attitude is working out for you.

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
You asked if these trucks have access to those cameras as others do and you asked why they would include the cameras if not. I was simply showing that they do work as you expect if your truck has the correct optional package. Left the video to highlight the point so you could either research your trucks optional equipment and/or follow up with a dealer.

Appreciate the condescending reply though. Hope that attitude is working out for you.
I am talking about MY truck. I didn’t ask about do all of these trucks have that option. I am talking about me and my truck and my problem so again… a video showing how the cameras work doesn’t help as I know where they are supposed to be and how they work. I don’t have them where they are supposed to be but my build sheet says I should have them. When I said “like other trucks can” I am referring to other trucks that have the options I have that clearly can click on and view their side mirror cans. So I am Asking others in here if they have had a similar problem to maybe help me get an answer. So again no need for your replies as you don’t seem to understand what im Asking. My attitude is fine lol. Just don’t have time for people who don’t understand what was asked

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
I see tow tech surround view on the Monroney so it would appear your truck is one of those afflicted with the missing sales code in the BCM.

If you have the trailer surround cam kit, you might try plugging it in as well to see if the AUX/trailer surround button shows up (that's also missing).
Yeah I seen on the build sheet it looks the same as other trucks that can view the side mirrors. I emailed ram and they are looking into it and gonna schedule an appointment with a dealer after they look into it first. (Truck is out of bumper to bumper warranty by 2 months) of course lol… . Thanks for your replies and others. Hopefully ram and dealer can figure something out

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score

When you say it is “one of those that is affected” is there a bulletin on something others were dealing with? Can you PM me a copy of any info for that or a link to other thread. Thanks

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
In the video I shared in my third post they highlighted that "properly equipped" trucks have access to side camera views. That was especially important because it confirms that the camera views you're looking for do not come standard with the Surround View camera option. I didn't post the video to show you how to use the cameras, but to just to confirm my previous post that you need the Trailer Reverse Guidance option.

I took a harder look at your window sticker and noticed the Towing Technology Group and started to search around for what was included in that package during the 2021 model year. In my mind it wasn't a given that Trailer Review Guidance would be included... because common sense and vehicle manufacturers aren't great friends and things aren't always where you'd expect them to be. There was a chance that they might of thrown it into the Limited Level 1 package instead, which you haven't got. I'm not sure where to find reliable previous year vehicle package/option information and so nothing came up real quick.

I got caught up in real life stuff before I could definitively say whether or not your truck has the trailer reverse guidance feature, because that's the difference between a trip to the dealer (or perhaps AlfaOBD) and being sh*t out of luck. If you have confirmed that your truck has Trailer Reverse Guidance then you need to run to a dealer or start looking into AlfaOBD to see if it can help. If you're not entirely confident that you've got that option, then you need to continue down the path I had started. You may be able to use your VIN to get more specifics about your build.

I'll be honest, it set me off being called out as unhelpful and LOL'd at for trying to help you out.

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
In the video I shared in my third post they highlighted that "properly equipped" trucks have access to side camera views. That was especially important because it confirms that the camera views you're looking for do not come standard with the Surround View camera option. I didn't post the video to show you how to use the cameras, but to just to confirm my previous post that you need the Trailer Reverse Guidance option.

I took a harder look at your window sticker and noticed the Towing Technology Group and started to search around for what was included in that package during the 2021 model year. In my mind it wasn't a given that Trailer Review Guidance would be included... because common sense and vehicle manufacturers aren't great friends and things aren't always where you'd expect them to be. There was a chance that they might of thrown it into the Limited Level 1 package instead, which you haven't got. I'm not sure where to find reliable previous year vehicle package/option information and so nothing came up real quick.

I got caught up in real life stuff before I could definitively say whether or not your truck has the trailer reverse guidance feature, because that's the difference between a trip to the dealer (or perhaps AlfaOBD) and being sh*t out of luck. If you have confirmed that your truck has Trailer Reverse Guidance then you need to run to a dealer or start looking into AlfaOBD to see if it can help. If you're not entirely confident that you've got that option, then you need to continue down the path I had started. You may be able to use your VIN to get more specifics about your build.

I'll be honest, it set me off being called out as unhelpful and LOL'd at for trying to help you out.

In the 2021 data sheets it says the trailer reverse guidance is included with Towing technology group which my truck has so according to Rams documents it should have that feature.
IMG_4602.jpeg

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score

With the help of what you said and Jimmy07 I hooked up Alfaobd and configured my truck to enable the reverse guidance and the cameras are now there and work great… also got the TPMS sensors lowered too.. Works perfect. Thanks for the helpIMG_4612.jpeg

GR1MxREAPER

Reaction score
Off topic but $20,500 increase in base price for the 2024. Crazy.
I yeah it’s crazy.. I think some of the price is because the limited 2500 can only be ordered in a diesel though? I believe? Or atleast for a while that’s all you could order for 2024

Deltron

Reaction score
I yeah it’s crazy.. I think some of the price is because the limited 2500 can only be ordered in a diesel though? I believe? Or atleast for a while that’s all you could order for 2024
Ah, missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread