Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Cheetah

Reaction score
There might be hope after all.

6 months after my first order, I finally have a sticker! It does appear the features falling off due to parts shortages still made it on the sticker (Blind Spot in particular), though something odd happened -

First build sheet on 3/4/21 lists Trailer Camera Wiring/No Camera (sales code XFQ) as ordered. The build sheet I pulled yesterday (4/15) does not. The sticker does show the option though. What's on the truck when it's delivered? Who knows!

Waiting on the dealer to suggest when it might actually be delivered.

Order has both the Blind Spot Monitoring and trailer camera wiring that seems to be involved in parts delays.

2021 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD HO DRW

First order: 9/22/2020
First build sheet: 12/16/2020; notice truck was built incorrectly
RamCares & Dealer say "can't fix, must reorder": 1/15/2021
Re-order: 1/19/2021
Re-order build sheet posts: 3/4/2021
Sticker: 4/15/2021
Delivery: TBD

Last edited:

jm888

Reaction score
There might be hope after all.

6 months after my first order, I finally have a sticker! It does appear the features falling off due to parts shortages still made it on the sticker (Blind Spot in particular), though something odd happened -

First build sheet on 3/4/21 lists Trailer Camera Wiring/No Camera (sales code XFQ) as ordered. The build sheet I pulled yesterday (4/15) does not. The sticker does show the option though. What's on the truck when it's delivered? Who knows!

Waiting on the dealer to suggest when it might actually be delivered.

Order has both the Blind Spot Monitoring and trailer camera wiring that seems to be involved in parts delays.

2021 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD HO DRW

First order: 9/22/2020
First build sheet: 12/16/2020; notice truck was built incorrectly
RamCares & Dealer say "can't fix, must reorder": 1/15/2021
Re-order: 1/19/2021
Re-order build sheet posts: 3/4/2021
Sticker: 4/15/2021
Delivery: TBD
I was going to do some more research to see what that camera wiring involves before I order a truck, but if that is causing delays, that may make my decision easier to not even bother with it. Same with the blind spot monitoring. It is good to know about potential items that cause delays so we can leave them out if we want to.

MAXTORQ

Reaction score
Just an update in case anyone wants to look at the timeline in my signature for comparison. Truck just arrived today at the dealer. Plan to pick it up early next week. I was lucky and got in under the wire in January so it has all the stuff that is now being impacted by the chip shortage.
Interesting, I ordered 3 weeks prior to when you did and I got my build sheet 4 weeks prior, mine is still stuck in purgatory with no ETA on getting out.

Cheetah

Reaction score
I was going to do some more research to see what that camera wiring involves before I order a truck, but if that is causing delays, that may make my decision easier to not even bother with it. Same with the blind spot monitoring. It is good to know about potential items that cause delays so we can leave them out if we want to.
I don't believe orders will even be accepted for blind spot monitoring (see Semiconductor Chip Shortage Causes Ram To Repackage Some Options). I'd check with your dealer though on the trailer camera wiring. In theory it can be added after the fact, but it's an unholy nightmare of wiring that takes tons of time. Whether or not it's worth it if available is, of course, a judgement call. Though the buyer's guide says it's an HDMI feed, people have been seeing composite wiring. I was interested in the factory installed 7/12 pin bed connector to save hassle on my part, even if the connector is a bit tough to get outside of the Mopar, or possibly Ford, trailer wiring harnesses. An alternative is the Naviks adapter (NAVIKS Surround Camera Installation and Use) There's more discussion on this option elsewhere on the form that might be useful.

Canadia

Reaction score
I'm in Burlington Ontario, ordered in Oakville. I ordered my nearly fully loaded Limited megacab Jan 15 so nearly 13 weeks in and mine still has not been started. I had RamChat give me details last week before they realized they were breaking Canadian privacy laws and they hung up on my chat lol. You got your VIN number way faster than me though
Nicely done! I ordered my limited megacab early February in Barrie, and I have not had any luck getting ram chat to slip up. My dealer keeps saying it's being built, all the parts are there, and the longest point in all of this will be the wait for the rail car. Which doesn't bring me hope because it's been over two months and still not built.

CdnHD

Reaction score
Well folks, I am here to offer some small glimmer of hope .................... Ordered September 22,2020 and I drove it off the lot YESTERDAY (YES that's 29 weeks and 1 day)... Drove 42 kms (26 miles , countless SMILES!!) to a diesel shop .... had a Titan 50 gallon tank installed, level kit, S7B Air intake and the EZLynk Auto Agent installed and I pick it up tomorrow for good . Here is a pic of the 5th Gen 1500 (with a 3 1/2" lift kit in it!) I traded in to get my 2500 Limited Mega Cab 6.7 CTD

Attachments

• trucks2.jpg
    trucks2.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 55

Cpsram21

Reaction score
I just created an account to basically vent and complain about my order's delay.

I ordered a 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4 with 8' bed, gas V8, and all the options like the auto-leveling air suspension, 50-gallon tank, top electronics/sound group, top safety/equipment packages, etc.
Placed the order in early January 2021, was supposed to be here before March. Well 14 weeks later, it's still not built.
Dealer said it would be built in RAM's Mexico factory, I believe that's at Saltillo, Coahuila.

Well, first the factory was shut down for a while because of Covid.
Then of course the worldwide computer chip shortage hit as everyone switched to manufacturing chips for laptops for everyone working or taking classes from home.
Then the dealer called me last week and said the cartel has been shutting down the roads so they've been having difficulties getting supplies to the factory, and trucks out of it.
I thought the dealer was joking... he wasn't!!

So, ordered a $75,000 truck in January, and no guarantee it will be here before June. Currently renting a work truck till it gets here.

At least some of you are getting your orders in. Hopefully, that means the supply chain and logistics are starting to rebound.
Don't feel to bad i'm right with you ! Ordered January 10th and was suppose to be here march 3rd. Mine was stuck at the body vendor 3 weeks and finally shipped from mexico the 24th . Now it has been sitting in roper utah waiting for a truck to bring it to idaho for another week ! I will say my sales manager has been good at checking status anytime i want but this is still getting real old . And ye mine is a $83k truck so doesn't seem to matter how much we spend they still let some get built in a month and some in 6 months. I feel your pain brother .

otter

Reaction score
I just created an account to basically vent and complain about my order's delay.

I ordered a 2500 Laramie crew cab 4x4 with 8' bed, gas V8, and all the options like the auto-leveling air suspension, 50-gallon tank, top electronics/sound group, top safety/equipment packages, etc.
Placed the order in early January 2021, was supposed to be here before March. Well 14 weeks later, it's still not built.
Dealer said it would be built in RAM's Mexico factory, I believe that's at Saltillo, Coahuila.

Well, first the factory was shut down for a while because of Covid.
Then of course the worldwide computer chip shortage hit as everyone switched to manufacturing chips for laptops for everyone working or taking classes from home.
Then the dealer called me last week and said the cartel has been shutting down the roads so they've been having difficulties getting supplies to the factory, and trucks out of it.
I thought the dealer was joking... he wasn't!!

So, ordered a $75,000 truck in January, and no guarantee it will be here before June. Currently renting a work truck till it gets here.

At least some of you are getting your orders in. Hopefully, that means the supply chain and logistics are starting to rebound.

Same here, except short bed Laramie. Details in sig and here: 1/21: Ordered, 1/22: VIN/VON, 2/18: D1 (Est. Ship Date 3/17), 3/09: Back to D, 3/16: Back to D1 (Est. Ship Date 4/06), 4/05: Still in D1 (Est. Ship Date now 4/29)

bdgibson78

Reaction score
Well folks, I am here to offer some small glimmer of hope .................... Ordered September 22,2020 and I drove it off the lot YESTERDAY (YES that's 29 weeks and 1 day)... Drove 42 kms (26 miles , countless SMILES!!) to a diesel shop .... had a Titan 50 gallon tank installed, level kit, S7B Air intake and the EZLynk Auto Agent installed and I pick it up tomorrow for good . Here is a pic of the 5th Gen 1500 (with a 3 1/2" lift kit in it!) I traded in to get my 2500 Limited Mega Cab 6.7 CTD
Congrats on finally getting your truck. Im also in Canada, and based on your dates I am expecting mine around the end of summer, right when the 2022s are announced lol. I ordered 2/27 and in D status, still no built date set.

CdnHD

Reaction score
Congrats on finally getting your truck. Im also in Canada, and based on your dates I am expecting mine around the end of summer, right when the 2022s are announced lol. I ordered 2/27 and in D status, still no built date set.
When mine started the build, it went ridiculously fast after that! Good luck!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Same here, except short bed Laramie. Details in sig and here: 1/21: Ordered, 1/22: VIN/VON, 2/18: D1 (Est. Ship Date 3/17), 3/09: Back to D, 3/16: Back to D1 (Est. Ship Date 4/06), 4/05: Still in D1 (Est. Ship Date now 4/29)

Interesting, so once you get into D1 status they also give you an est ship date? Im in D now... hoping to get into D1 soon.

whitexc

Reaction score
Happy dance here......salesman just called and the truck arrived this morning. I will be picking it up tomorrow.

2021 Big Horn CCSB 6.4L / 3.73's
Bright White
Night Edition
Level 2
Premium Lighting
Premium Sound
Bed Utility
Cab length steps
.....and whatever else I ordered on 1/21/21.
Pics soon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
196a502d5d5338fefcbbe5b704555802.jpg
00ca1772c35c83291102e98c19a3c347.jpg

Last edited:

mcarey

Reaction score
Ordered Monday (4/5), and got my VIN today from the RAM Chat. Said they had all the parts and should be entering the build process soon. Quicker than I expected.
Talked to the dealer yesterday, 4/16. Said I'm currently in D1, with an estimated ship date of 4/30 in the system. He did say that "they haven't been super accurate" though.

MAXTORQ

Reaction score
Well, after patiently (not) waiting 7 weeks while my truck sat in purgatory, it may be on it's way soon! I got an email from US Customer Care this morning that it is done and in the shipping process, with an ETA on delivery to come.

So I contacted my sales guy and he said it is schedule to arrive in Benicia, CA on 5/2 (rail) and he expects to see it mid to late May at the dealer. So I get to wait another friggin month!

At least, I have some updated information. KZLD status.

Cdeck13

Reaction score
Well, after patiently (not) waiting 7 weeks while my truck sat in purgatory, it may be on it's way soon! I got an email from US Customer Care this morning that it is done and in the shipping process, with an ETA on delivery to come.

So I contacted my sales guy and he said it is schedule to arrive in Benicia, CA on 5/2 (rail) and he expects to see it mid to late May at the dealer. So I get to wait another friggin month!

At least, I have some updated information. KZLD status.
Can I ask what dealership you got your truck from. I’m waiting for a 3500 long bed 6.7 SRW from Elk Grove. Ram chat said truck was built waiting either more inspections or shipping. They couldn’t tell me. So hoping truck is on the same train. Haha

MAXTORQ

Reaction score
Can I ask what dealership you got your truck from. I’m waiting for a 3500 long bed 6.7 SRW from Elk Grove. Ram chat said truck was built waiting either more inspections or shipping. They couldn’t tell me. So hoping truck is on the same train. Haha
Reno Dodge. I have gotten much better information from my sales guy than Ram Chat.

Cdeck13

Reaction score
Reno Dodge. I have gotten much better information from my sales guy than Ram Chat.
Yeah same with my sales guy. He has been awesome. He had a family emergency come up and has been off work for a week and don’t want to hit him up out of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread