Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

killborn

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. Should get a VIN once it goes to D status. Just saw someone post this in the other thread just today. They went D, got a VIN...and added their truck to ODS' spreadsheet.
Canadian orders appear to only receive a vin closer to D1 or when built. Mine is still BX, hoping for D soon. I ordered my Longhorn 01/13. I’ve been to my dealer and he has shown me their system. Their tracking system was down for 3 weeks, but they can still the current build status, they just can’t open the tracker to see details. The tracker is back up, but as of 2 days ago the updates weren’t pushed to the tracker tool. Looks like that is now changing so information should be more available and at a minimum your dealer should be able to give you a build code status.

mr hankey

Reaction score
I paid $1,000 for shipping from MD to Lutz, FL (about 820 miles). Not a thing wrong with it, perfect condition. Arrived with a complete fuel tank of fuel and 13 miles on the odometer.
Awesome! I’m almost double the distance so hoping almost double the cost. Looks perfect and the full fuel tank is a sweet bonus.
Did you happen to snap a picture of the truck it come in on?
Congratulations!!

IowaPW

Reaction score
Canadian orders appear to only receive a vin closer to D1 or when built. Mine is still BX, hoping for D soon. I ordered my Longhorn 01/13. I’ve been to my dealer and he has shown me their system. Their tracking system was down for 3 weeks, but they can still the current build status, they just can’t open the tracker to see details. The tracker is back up, but as of 2 days ago the updates weren’t pushed to the tracker tool. Looks like that is now changing so information should be more available and at a minimum your dealer should be able to give you a build code status.
@TroyMcClure just posted he went D today ...and he got a VIN...and put it in the Spreadsheet.

G rams

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. Should get a VIN once it goes to D status. Just saw someone post this in the other thread just today. They went D, got a VIN...and added their truck to ODS' spreadsheet.
Thank you for this information.
Thank you. Will have to speak with our Dealer and insist he looks further into our order and the stage it is in. We are always brushed off when we call. We want the truck we ordered especially Mega Cab but may have to look for something that is on a dealer lot now.

Lockhart2020

Reaction score
Congratulations, nice to hear a Canadian order is actually being full filled. Ordered ours Sept 13 from Ontario Canada dealer. 3500 Big Horn Diesel SRW Mega Cab. Dealer has no information what stage our Truck order is in. Being told Canadian orders are not issued VIN until vehicle is shipped. How did you get your information list about the Truck build and delivery stages?
Yes once your D1 you have a VIN 100%.

I’m from BC, ordered Jan 22 and received my VIN when it jumped to D1

G rams

Reaction score
We
were told at the beginning of March the parts and equipment were being gathered for the Truck. The dealer claims they have no updates as of last Thursday.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
We

were told at the beginning of March the parts and equipment were being gathered for the Truck. The dealer claims they have no updates as of last Thursday.

I asked my dealer before I purchased if I can bug him every Thursday with a status code update and told me no problem. A lot of texts back every Thursday with BG but today I got something new. Any dealer claiming just "parts and equipment" just ask for your status code. Once I hit D status a VIN was available on my build sheet to my dealer.

Rickduu

Reaction score
Hellllllllll yes, I just turned to D status!!!!!!

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22
BX - 4/21/22
BG - 4/28/22
D - 5/5/22
How did you get all the codes? Do I have to get this from my salesperson?

Jcole

Reaction score
Ram3500 ordered in 1/5. I Received an email on Monday that my truck was in the shipping status. How long does it usually take from this point until the dealer gets it?

Basser53

Reaction score
Ram3500 ordered in 1/5. I Received an email on Monday that my truck was in the shipping status. How long does it usually take from this point until the dealer gets it?
Depends on a lot of factors.. just like getting one built.. 2 weeks to 2 months or more..

AFF

Reaction score
I too can confirm the VIN pops in Canada when it goes D. Was the same when my son ordered his Charger. I just walk by all the sales men and walk to the Sales Mangers office to see if he has a second to chat. Works every time.

Edit: meant to say D not D1

Last edited:

2500Ram

Reaction score
Mine has been in shipping stage since 3/13. In 8 days it will be 2 months that my truck as either been sitting or moving to a different stage. Good luck.

Lowbagg

Reaction score
Awesome! I’m almost double the distance so hoping almost double the cost. Looks perfect and the full fuel tank is a sweet bonus.
Did you happen to snap a picture of the truck it come in on?
Congratulations!!
I know it was a car carrier that left MD. Truck went to Orlando FL and was then swapped to a Hot Shot type delivery trailer. I used the RAM app and the location feature to track the truck the entire way. You can setup boundary notices so it'll email you when your truck passes thru them.

Attachments

• IMG_2026[1].JPG
    IMG_2026[1].JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 73

jerrypw

Reaction score
I know it was a car carrier that left MD. Truck went to Orlando FL and was then swapped to a Hot Shot type delivery trailer. I used the RAM app and the location feature to track the truck the entire way. You can setup boundary notices so it'll email you when your truck passes thru them.
How did you set up the RAM app before you got the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread