Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 dash light stuck on

scdo

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Limited 2500 with the digital cluster. Occasionally after starting or stopping the truck, the dash light on the left side only gets stuck on full brightness.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before? It is blinding at night and unsafe to drive until I can get it to turn off. I have to stop the engine and wait a few minutes - very annoying!

See pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 75

CortexM0

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Limited 2500 with the digital cluster. Occasionally after starting or stopping the truck, the dash light on the left side only gets stuck on full brightness.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before? It is blinding at night and unsafe to drive until I can get it to turn off. I have to stop the engine and wait a few minutes - very annoying!

See pic.
2023 Limited 2500, and I've had this problem 5-6 times in 3000 miles. Fortunately it hasn't happened at night yet. It's always the left side, but it's not always white. It goes away with a restart.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:

scdo

Reaction score
Interesting, so I’m not alone. I’ve never had the multi-colors. Restarting doesn’t seem to fix for me, I tend to have to let it sit off for a few minutes for it to go out.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Interesting, so I’m not alone. I’ve never had the multi-colors. Restarting doesn’t seem to fix for me, I tend to have to let it sit off for a few minutes for it to go out.
I should clarify that I haven't tried a stop and immediate restart yet. It's always been at least as long as it takes to refuel.

Scotsmangav

Reaction score
I noticed it once while driving at night only a few days after I got the truck but it hasn’t happened again. Thought I was imagining it until you guys started this thread ! Will keep an eye out for it again.

holdon

Reaction score
So is there a fix for this mine seems to do it when I lock and unlock the truck with the key fob

scdo

Reaction score
Not that I know of… anyone take their truck in for this yet?

scdo

Reaction score
I took my truck in for this issue (and some others). Dealer could not replicate and there's no TSB. Therefore, no action was taken to remedy.

@RamCares has advised that I should take the truck to another dealer. The problem is that it happens randomly and is not something that can be reproduced consistently (as far as I know). Not looking to waste my time but this is clearly a problem with software or there's a hardware defect.

Anyone else find any luck in having this addressed?
@CortexM0
@Scotsmangav
@holdon

Elevatorguy

Reaction score
@scdo
How were you able to get the gauges inside the tach and speedometer? I have 23 PW and would love to have more info available on the main screen. Kinda wish I had the old dash.

scdo

Reaction score
You just flip through the screens… it is one of the pages, #1. Personally I love the digital cluster, even with this bug. I typically have mine set with five tiles showing me relevant info I’ve picked (lane guidance, next turn from gps, media info, trip info, fuel efficiency)… when I want something else, I flip to the more detailed pages. Pretty slick.

Elevatorguy

Reaction score
I'll have to look again or it might be one of those different trims get different things situation that'd be my luck.

scdo

Reaction score
In that case, I think you could modify it with Alfa or JScan.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Sounds like first round of trucks wit the new cluster are gonna have some bugs.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You just flip through the screens… it is one of the pages, #1. Personally I love the digital cluster, even with this bug. I typically have mine set with five tiles showing me relevant info I’ve picked (lane guidance, next turn from gps, media info, trip info, fuel efficiency)… when I want something else, I flip to the more detailed pages. Pretty slick.
Interesting. Mine doesn't show the extra gauges either. I'm going to have to do some testing. Any chance you have an AlfaOBD dump of your truck you'd be willing to share?

scdo

Reaction score
Interesting. Mine doesn't show the extra gauges either. I'm going to have to do some testing. Any chance you have an AlfaOBD dump of your truck you'd be willing to share?
I use JScan.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I use JScan.
Ahh.

I think I figured it out anyway. Diesel trucks show the "Extra" gauges because the DEF gauge takes up the spot that the temp gauge uses on gas trucks. I guess they decided to throw the oil pressure gauge on there as well to balance things out.

scdo

Reaction score
Ahh.

I think I figured it out anyway. Diesel trucks show the "Extra" gauges because the DEF gauge takes up the spot that the temp gauge uses on gas trucks. I guess they decided to throw the oil pressure gauge on there as well to balance things out.
Ah, that makes sense.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
My 23 Powerwagon has done that once or twice in my 6mos of ownership. Usually with the weird multicolor thing. It took me a few times to realize that light normally comes from both sides. I did have it happen at night once and it is crazy bright. I would have preferred the old gauge cluster too, but I will admit the digital one is pretty nice to have.

I chalked it up to "hope that doesn't become a persistent problem" and ignored it.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The multicolor LED bit is interesting, as that tells me that at some point they considered (or are preparing for) variable color ambient lighting. If not they’d have just used plain white LEDs.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I think mine did it once in 6 months or 5k miles and that was at the very beginning . What mine is doing or should I say isn’t doing , it doesn’t have the screen that displays the tire pressure. The dealer can’t figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread