Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 3500 passenger side mirror magnification?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s a broken and taped on stick on mirror.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Yep..your passenger mirror isn’t convex as you are used to and it should be.
If Suma hadn’t promised their new glass early on for the previous type my truck would’ve been down the road, glad they came through.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Appears to be a stick on to me……
Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s a broken and taped on stick on mirror.
I'm not home to confirm but it actually looks just like my mirror. I'm Canadian so there could be a difference in mirror standards, which also means OP could order a Canadian P/N for his passenger side mirror and change it. Just need someone with Canadian truck to confirm for certain.

84Daytona

Reaction score
Well, I could not stand my ”Flat” mirror glass and purchased a few different convex replacement mirrors. First I tried a smaller one that covered about 2/3‘s of my mirror. It worked pretty good but really looked really Hokie. So then I watched a few YouTube videos of people cutting convex glass with a Dremel. I purchase a larger mirror and tried cutting it down. It was a failure. Next I order some Power Folding Mirrors for a Ram Classic and not only would I need to re-pin all the connectors the +23’s have more bolts on the mirror and a larger than I imagined opening on the sheet metal below the mirror. I then order a replacement mirror for a 2013-2018 Ram standard mirror and get a glass cutter from Harbor Freight. You see the result. The cut was NOT what I wanted but something I can live with. I will probably clean up the edges with some black rtv but the mirror is way better it was from the factory. I too almost drove into cars while changing lanes. I may order another mirror and try cutting with a better cutter and hope for the best. The convex mirror is NOT flat so I did have to build up the void with layers of double stick 3M Black Tape which is what is holding the mirror on.

Users who are viewing this thread