Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessory switch mode timing out

anderson0172

Reaction score
So I took the family to a drive in movie last night. The sound plays through the radio and I put the start button on accessory to play the radio. After roughly 30 minutes the truck would shut off and I would have to hit the start button again, this is very annoying as we are not sitting in the truck. Is there a way to bypass this?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So I took the family to a drive in movie last night. The sound plays through the radio and I put the start button on accessory to play the radio. After roughly 30 minutes the truck would shut off and I would have to hit the start button again, this is very annoying as we are not sitting in the truck. Is there a way to bypass this?
Leave the truck on run or actually leave it running

anderson0172

Reaction score
Leave the truck on run or actually leave it running
They don't allow you to keep the vehicle running if it's a diesel or loud exhaust. I thought about run but I also thought more stuff would be on in that position. I guess I can always try that next time, thanks!

Nick

Reaction score
You wouldn't want to run it for 2 plus hrs anyway. If you do need to idle for any length of time turn on the cruise and hit set . The idle will jump up between 1000 and 1100 RPMS.

anderson0172

Reaction score
You wouldn't want to run it for 2 plus hrs anyway. If you do need to idle for any length of time turn on the cruise and hit set . The idle will jump up between 1000 and 1100 RPMS.
Yeah, I use the high idle frequently but at the drive in theater you can't run the motor.

Much2fast

Reaction score
I thought there would be a setting to change it, but this is all I could find in the manual:

NOTE:
If the ignition is left in the ACC or ON/RUN (engine
not running) mode and the transmission is in
PARK, the system will automatically time out after
30 minutes of inactivity and the ignition return to
the OFF mode

anderson0172

Reaction score
I thought there would be a setting to change it, but this is all I could find in the manual:

NOTE:
If the ignition is left in the ACC or ON/RUN (engine
not running) mode and the transmission is in
PARK, the system will automatically time out after
30 minutes of inactivity and the ignition return to
the OFF mode
So maybe I will try neutral with the parking brake set next time and see how that works

jeffn

Reaction score
following. My megacab also serves as a bunk and when I stop for rest I have to catch up on email and other work. The wifi in the truck shutting down is pretty annoying and I have yet to find a way to override the timeout.

mountainears

Reaction score
In my other car you press and hold the on switch to put it in a service mode that will keep it on. Haven’t tried in the truck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLNaturist

Reaction score
In my other car you press and hold the on switch to put it in a service mode that will keep it on. Haven’t tried in the truck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My old Chevy Silverado did the same but unfortunately not with my 2022 Ram 1500. There are got to be a way to bypass or change settings but so far no luck.

flan

Reaction score
My old Chevy Silverado did the same but unfortunately not with my 2022 Ram 1500. There are got to be a way to bypass or change settings but so far no luck.
Hit up the ram 1500 forums, this is more suited to the 2500+ series rams.

Www.5thgenrams.com

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sure but this is a common issue with all dodge, jeep and rams
Yes but they all run on different systems even though they seem similar so something that works with a 2500+ may not work on a 1500 or a jeep…. Its the same idea as taking a radio from a 1500 and trying it in a 2500 it looks identical and the connectors are the same but it wont work

FLNaturist

Reaction score
Ok, this thread died a month ago with no resolution. It seems 30min is the max.

What are you looking to power while your truck is in acc mode?
We pull a trailer with our Ram and use the WIFI to stream at night. We did this with our Chevy Silverado w/o push button start.

Users who are viewing this thread