Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding adaptive cruise

blbrown

Reaction score
So who has this working that is willing to give us a dump of your settings to start comparing?

Or if someone gives me a list of settings to try I'll gladly be the test mule.

Ones I found that look related:
VehConfig 3: Collision Mitigation System Present
VehConfig 3: Forward Collision Warning Present

VehConfig 7: Full Central Vision Processing Present

Cust.Set.Menu 1: Forward Collision Warning CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Forward Collision Mitigation Braking CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Adaptive Front Light System CSM Present

Cust.Set.Menu 2: Forward Collision Warning (FCW) Switch CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 2: Forward Collision Warning Single Setting (Warning and Brake) CSM Present

These are all Lane Keep assist seemingly related

Cust.Set.Menu 1: Lane Departure Warning CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 2: Lane Keep Assist Enable/Disable CSM Present

Cust.Set.Menu 3: Lane Keep Assist Warning Mode CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 3: Lane Keep Assist Sensitivity CSM Present
Cust.Set.Menu 3: Lane Keep Assist Strength CSM Present

VehConfig 7: Lane Departure Warning Present
VehConfig 7: Lane Centering / HAS feature Present
VehConfig 7: LDW Without Haptic Feedback Feature Present
Out of desperation I tried different combinations of the settings you listed here, funny thing happened, at one point a picture of the front of the truck showed up on the display showing a red highlight on the camera area of the windshield with verbiage saying to clean the area in front of the camera . I put everything back to what we think is correct settings and keeping my fingers crossed someone solves this. I can't afford WiTech or I would try some of these additional settings.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
No luck with anything I have tried. I did look at these files @Jimmy07 and both of them had the following set to YES in VehConfig3 but on mine were NO. I changed them to no effect but interesting these were not requested to be changed when installing this system:

Collision Mitigation System Present: Yes
Forward Collision Warning Present: Yes

Unplugged battery and everything, no luck. Ill put some miles on but I see nothing obvious in the config about why this wont work for some of us.

Could the central vision processing have anything to do with FCW?

Any more config files may help, so send them over if anyone has some. Id like to see some RWD ones, ones without LKA, etc.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 WiTech talks about the Central Vision Processing when it talks about FCW being inactive...Thoughts? I do not have the CVP module

Attachments

• FCW_CVPM.png
    FCW_CVPM.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 7

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
CVPM has nothing to do with FCW. It only processes the surround view cameras.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
I know we think that, but since enabling it I get a positive message when clearing dtcs until it returns a second letter. It seems odd WiTech says the documentation for FCW fault is to do with the cvp module too.

Attachments

• IMG_4906.jpeg
    IMG_4906.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 4

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I know we think that, but since enabling it I get a positive message when clearing dtcs until it returns a second letter. It seems odd WiTech says the documentation for FCW fault is to do with the cvp module too.
I mean…it’s not even a guess that surround view (CVPM) has nothing to do with FCW. There are many 5th gen Laramies that are standard equipped with FCW, but no surround view camera option.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
I give up (again). I’ve spent hours today changing various settings, matched the ones provided above and no matter what, I get the Vehicle Configuration Mismatch. Documentation says Enter Plant Mode is what relearns the configuration that’s broadcast on the canbus. So have to assume that the DASM is just not learning the configuration set in the BCM and thus it mismatches. Then again apparently the documentation can’t be trusted as it clearly talks about things that apparently can’t be true. At a total loss and considering this modification a fail once again.

Dragbug

Reaction score
This is unfortunate. Glad I didn't buy all of the expensive parts. Hopefully someone will get this figured out eventually. I feel bad for the guys that have already swapped the windshield and not gotten this to work. Hopefully everything else they had prior is working at least still.

nsuth

Reaction score
I haven’t had any time to do anything lately, but I’m trying to make time to look into all this, specifically the bits that AlfaOBD is changing for the ACC settings.
I’ve gone over this thread, and made a timeline of this being installed on HD Rams.

Feb 15:
@TXJosh - successfully installed on a 2022 with new 2022 DASM

Feb 24:
Verified on my truck that used 2022, 2021, and 2020 DASM can be calibrated back and forth between 2021 and 2022 BCMs being installed in my truck. ACC settings originally configured last year using AlfaOBD.

Feb 25:
Sold used 2021 DASM to @nsuth for 2020 truck. Have not heard back of this install was successful.

***March 31- AlfaOBD update available to include MY2023 PowerNet body computer support ***

April 18:
Sold used 2020 DASM to @catronro for 2020 truck. Have not heard back if this install was successful.

April 24:
@jrf - unsuccessful with new 2022 DASM on 2021 truck.

May 4:
@mattjackson86 - unsuccessful with new?(verify) 2022 DASM on 2022 truck.

@blbrown - unsuccessful with used (verify year) DASM on 2020 truck.

I’m not sure if something got broke in AlfaOBD with the 3/31/23 update, but that’s what I’m going to look at when I get a chance.
I have @jrf and @mattjackson86 backup files and BCM system ID.
@blbrown can you send me your current backup file and BCM system ID?
Sorry for the late reply, life happened and then I couldn't access my account on the forum for about 2 months.
I have not done anything yet to attempt this, but am now second guessing whether or not I should.

jrf

Reaction score
I've had 0 luck to with changing settings. In fact I finally just set them back to have regular cruise control back finally. However it seems my Auto/High beams aren't working either. Is this the only setting I need to make it work with the DASM?

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Auto High Beam Module Location to “IRCM”

or do I need something else set too?

Also wondering, can I turn on just Lane Departure warning ONLY and see if that works? Or is there a way to turn on ACC WITHOUT turning on Forward collision warning or Forward Brake assist?

mattjackson86

Reaction score
You also need to enable the DASM for auto high beams to work. I disabled everything like you including auto high beams so I don’t have any errors in the ECU to cause concern at dealership. But you can enable the DASM and leave the acc stuff off and keep auto high beams. May just have a vehicle Misconfig still as I do as soon as I enable the DASM.

I’ve tried enabling just acc and not fcw and the error itself is that the DASMs config doesn’t match what the BCM is sending. this causes fcw and acc to fail as a safety measure as the DASM is misconfigured. So no solution to any of this until we can get the DASM to correctly configure itself which is meant to be done by entering plant mode. This doesn’t seem to be working 100% or we still truly are missing something unidentified.

blbrown

Reaction score
You also need to enable the DASM for auto high beams to work. I disabled everything like you including auto high beams so I don’t have any errors in the ECU to cause concern at dealership. But you can enable the DASM and leave the acc stuff off and keep auto high beams. May just have a vehicle Misconfig still as I do as soon as I enable the DASM.

I’ve tried enabling just acc and not fcw and the error itself is that the DASMs config doesn’t match what the BCM is sending. this causes fcw and acc to fail as a safety measure as the DASM is misconfigured. So no solution to any of this until we can get the DASM to correctly configure itself which is meant to be done by entering plant mode. This doesn’t seem to be working 100% or we still truly are missing something unidentified.
I tried enabling the DASM and leaving the acc stuff off to keep auto high beams, but then the steering wheel cruise speed buttons actually affect the engine revolution. Sitting in park when I press the cruise control for higher speed the engine revs up, the more times I press the higher the revs.

blbrown

Reaction score
I tried enabling the DASM and leaving the acc stuff off to keep auto high beams, but then the steering wheel cruise speed buttons actually affect the engine revolution. Sitting in park when I press the cruise control for higher speed the engine revs up, the more times I press the higher the revs.
Mabey if I replace the the steering wheel cruise control switch back to stock without ACC all would be good.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
I think what you are describing is actually a different feature. Not sure how it got enabled or what but it’s for increasing rpm’s when using a winch and other electronics I believe. Not sure the details. @Jimmy07 will know what it’s called I’m sure.

I don’t think changing the buttons will do anything. Just extra buttons for the ACC sending additional commands. The existing buttons shouldn’t change their functionality.

blbrown

Reaction score
I think what you are describing is actually a different feature. Not sure how it got enabled or what but it’s for increasing rpm’s when using a winch and other electronics I believe. Not sure the details. @Jimmy07 will know what it’s called I’m sure.

I don’t think changing the buttons will do anything. Just extra buttons for the ACC sending additional commands. The existing buttons shouldn’t change their functionality.
Except it only does this when I enable the ACC/DASM without all the other ACC settings. Goes away when I disable the ACC/DASM

Dragbug

Reaction score
Except it only does this when I enable the ACC/DASM without all the other ACC settings. Goes away when I disable the ACC/DASM
That is the idle up feature that is enabled by pressing the cruise control button while in park. Then you use the cruise +/- to raise or lower the idle. It helps warm up the truck faster in winter. Pretty sure most of the newer trucks already have this feature auto enabled as I didn't have to manually enable it on my 2020 like I did on previous models.

blbrown

Reaction score
That is the idle up feature that is enabled by pressing the cruise control button while in park. Then you use the cruise +/- to raise or lower the idle. It helps warm up the truck faster in winter. Pretty sure most of the newer trucks already have this feature auto enabled as I didn't have to manually enable it on my 2020 like I did on previous models.
Wow, I feel so stupid now. Didn't know that was even a function. Thanks a bunch for the education :)

blbrown

Reaction score
After rethinking this project I have to say it is quite possible that my failed attempt to enable ACC could be due to the dealership tech's process in running the calibration. I wasn't able to talk with or observe the calibration. When I picked up the truck the service advisor told me it worked but the tech didn't know for how long because i was using a used DASM. When i started up the truck i noticed that all my added functionality, such as Blindspot, Auto Wipers, TTPMS and bed lights were gone, i had to re- program everything. Im not sure if that's a result of the calibration process or if the Tech re-set the BCM either before or after the calibration process, mabey Jimmy07 can add clarification regarding. I can't afford to try with a dealership again, so might wait untill next year when I might be able to afford purchasing everything needed to perform the calibration myself.

mattjackson86

Reaction score
I’d guess somewhere in the techs process he got the error I get: vehicle configuration mismatch. A techs response would be to restore the configuration from factory and you would lose everything you have ever configured in AlfaOBD including the enablement of the DASM to which he would then not be able to calibrate it. So depends when he reset the config and if he calibrated it before or not.

Either way I don’t believe the calibration is important for this issue and your used DASM would have a calibration from the old car on it.

The step that is critical imo to my issue and to a used DASM is Enter Plant Mode as this configures, not calibrates, the DASM with vin and other ECU configurations. This failing or not being done will result in a vehicle configuration mismatch as the bcm settings (vin for example) don’t match what the DASM has. Now why this is failing silently in my case or not doing all it should Iis the mystery. Maybe RAM don’t want this enabling after the factory for safety reasons and changed WiTech to not work somehow on modified cars. Or it’s a bug that just hasn’t been reported and fixed.

We need someone who has this from factory to help and see if they can get it to break and then have it fixed/reported under warranty and maybe the bug is fixed for us all.

Users who are viewing this thread