Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket fog light options on 5th gen HD rams.

Xsetiere

Reaction score
After driving around my Power Wagon with stock led fog lights, i realized I could use a little more punch and started doing some research. I already had a set of Diode Dynamics Max fogs sitting at home and didn't really want to spend another 800$ (Canadian) for some Baja Design. I emailed Diode Dynamics to see if they had plans to create a kit for the HD rams which they replied no. After looking around i realized the Baja design squadron kit on CJC Offroad came with oem bracket and bezels for the factory halogen fog, and that same factory halogen fog light part number (68202187AA) is interchangeable between 1500 and HD trucks, even vans and suvs of other years. Diode has a kit for the 1500 with halogen fogs that uses their Type A bracket (DD Type A bracket). Not sure why they don't advertise this kit for the HD trucks with halogen fogs also, maybe they don't realize they can. I've ordered a bracket (68449383AA) and bezel with sensors (68449343AA) as well as the Type A SS3 bracket kit from Diode Dynamics, which also comes with the DT/H11 harness for plug and play. Once the install is complete i will post pictures.

Now maybe I'm late to the party but after all that research I've done I stumbled upon Retroshop's website (which I've purchased headlights for my 4th gen 1500 and 2500 from Jeremy). He has a nice package kit for Diode dynamics on his page with all the options needed depending on the truck you have. Retroshop.us

Another great thread with great information https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/fog-light-for-2019-tradesman.431/

Xsetiere

Reaction score
Also to add to this thread, since most of the big players have kits for the 1500's with stock led fogs (DD SSC2 kit, BD S2 Dual kit) and that the 1500's and HD's share the same OEM led fog part #'s, wouldn't those kits also work on the HD trucks? Their brackets mount exaclty in the same holes of the factory led fog, therefore technically would fit for the HD's. I haven't seen anyone with those kits, is someone willing to spend some money and try? :)

A few other options I found along the way that should work for the halogen style bracket and bezel for the HD's (Morimoto 4Bangers, Morimoto XB fogs, Diode Dynamics SS3, Diode Dynamics Elite series). I also found these lights from Alpha Rex called the DoubleTap fog lights, you can choose from White or Amber on the fly depending what you want. It shows they fit the FIAT 500 from 2012-2015 which has the same halogen fog light part# as the ram 1500 and 2500.

For those without fog lights on their trucks wanting to add some, there is alot of good information on RamForum to get you going.
You can get the full kit from Moparparts and also the wiring from M2 Mods

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I just don't think they care. I did this mod 3 years ago and told them about it. I ordered the 1500 kit right from them and bought everything else needed as my truck didn't come with any fog lights.

Xsetiere

Reaction score
I just don't think they care. I did this mod 3 years ago and told them about it. I ordered the 1500 kit right from them and bought everything else needed as my truck didn't come with any fog lights.
Which kit did you get?

deanfx

Reaction score
DiodeDynamics doesn't seem to put a lot of interest in HD trucks. I've used their stuff for years now because it's quality, but you have to apply parts knowledge when you're ordering. At least if you're a Ram fan.

Users who are viewing this thread