Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air freshener damaged my radio bezel

kristof

Reaction score
I have a phone holder arm in my truck. One day I went to car wash and it was free air freshener day. When the guy give it to me I open it and put it down in the storage compartment below my radio. One day my daughter decided to hang it on the phone arm and today I noticed it has damaged my bezel. I assume this is not fixable?
362210220_1450275422474793_7344698560455556455_n.jpg 362268346_1738759473239950_3933433392468657916_n.jpg

kristof

Reaction score
The warning was right there on the front of the air freshener. New bezel time.

It begs the question.....what the heck is in that air freshener? Made in China?
Holy crap I didn't even realized that warning was there till now :D

Firebird

Reaction score
Dang, that's one toxic air freshener!

CdnHO

Reaction score
If that air freshener is destroying plastic imagine what it's doing to your lungs. Toss that chineese chemical junk in the trash
Wife came home recently with groceries items from China. Into the trash it went.

JimKIII

Reaction score
A few years ago I received a small cardboard box in the mail with an address sticker from some Chinese company in Jianxi, China. I gingerly opened it up and the only thing inside was a plastic bag with a few plant bulbs, like tulip bulbs. I quickly pitched it into the trash. A few weeks later I was speaking with a friend of mine in the Netherlands and she asked me if I received a package with Paperwhite bulbs in it. She said she ordered some online and gave my address as the 'ship-to'. I said, sure I got them, but there were no instructions, nor any mention who they come from. Then I said, "there was no way I was going to plant something from China in my garden! Who knows, it might have been a Trojan Horse full of soil killer infused with some sort of China virus!" She laughed - but understood.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
A few years ago I received a small cardboard box in the mail with an address sticker from some Chinese company in Jianxi, China. I gingerly opened it up and the only thing inside was a plastic bag with a few plant bulbs, like tulip bulbs. I quickly pitched it into the trash. A few weeks later I was speaking with a friend of mine in the Netherlands and she asked me if I received a package with Paperwhite bulbs in it. She said she ordered some online and gave my address as the 'ship-to'. I said, sure I got them, but there were no instructions, nor any mention who they come from. Then I said, "there was no way I was going to plant something from China in my garden! Who knows, it might have been a Trojan Horse full of soil killer infused with some sort of China virus!" She laughed - but understood.

So you received TULIPS and have a friend in the Netherlands - the TULIP Capital of the World, and didn't think to reach out? LOL.

JimKIII

Reaction score
So you received TULIPS and have a friend in the Netherlands - the TULIP Capital of the World, and didn't think to reach out? LOL.
I didn't know they were tulips until I talked with her. I didn't know a tulip bulb from a shriveled potato. I do now.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The warning was right there on the front of the air freshener. New bezel time.

It begs the question.....what the heck is in that air freshener? Made in China?
All the air fresheners do that if on plastic thats why even the little trees have the same warning on the pkg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
All the air fresheners do that if on plastic thats why even the little trees have the same warning on the pkg

Those Glade plugin doohickeys do the same thing to (some) furniture finishes. I think only oiled wood and Catalyzed varnish/lacquer is impervious. Some made to order Amish bedroom furniture we're looking at claims nail polish remover (acetone) won't even touch it.

Users who are viewing this thread