Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlphaRex LED headlights and tail lights

Chris1911

Reaction score
Just got some AlphaRex LUXX LED projector headlights and thought i would make a post about them, since i could not find much info here about them (or Morimoto). Just a few mentions and a pic or two.

I originally ordered the Morimoto XB hybrids, but found out they were having problems with them caused by bad wiring harnesses and wasn't shipping them till possibly june, so i cancelled. Happy i got these, cause they are really nice and look really good. Can't say much about the light output yet as i have only been on a short trip to the store at night, so far. I may need to adjust them, but my first impression is that they are definitely better than the stock halogens. So happy with the look of them and they complete my fake night edition conversion.

Here are some pics and a video.

https://www.alpharexusa.com/product/19-21-ram-2500-luxx-series-led-projector-headlights-alpha-black/

51995991926_2f84728003_b.jpg

51996527555_746db683d4_b.jpg

Chris1911

Reaction score
Been liking the lights, even though they are not quite as bright as the plug-in LEDs i had in the halogen units. The light from these is totally even all the way across , with a sharp cutoff, whereas the other plug-in LEDs were "hotter" right in front of the truck. The sharp cutoff line was a bit distracting when it bounced around with the rough ride of the truck, but i have been getting used to it. Love the look of the DRLs and blinkers and the headlights themselves look awesome on the truck. Happy with my purchase so far.

Chris1911

Reaction score
Here are the AlphaRex Pro-Series LED tail lights. They look great on the truck as well. I had to get the wire harness converter #640013. The converter description says "stock LED tail lights to Alpharex tail light", but they plugged right into my oem halogen harness and everything works. I do have to get alphaobd and set it to LED tail lights to get rid of the turn light fault.

ETA: To stop the turn light fault with hyper flashing, you can use AlphaOBD to set the tail lights to LEDs, or you can install 10 ohm resistors across the turn signal wires.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Z8B9FN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.alpharexusa.com/product/19-22-ram-2500-pro-series-led-tail-lights-red-smoke/

52018909604_7a2dae2eb3_c.jpg

Last edited:

racecar67

Reaction score
How hard are they to adjust? I had Recons in my 4th gen and they had to be removed in order to adjust them. what a PITA,

chas0218

Reaction score
I was just about to order the tails but I saw they won't work if you have factory LED tail lights? I have a big horn with LED taillights but wanted the jet black alpharex tails but I don't think they are going to work.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Awesome!! Thanks for the post!! I’m looking at these exact lights in ‘Alpha-Black’.. I can’t find too much about them on 5th gens.. Seem like they have a good throw of light. Any complaints so far?

Robktmrider

Reaction score
I just took a look at your video for the taillights. I noticed the back up light is also LED. Is this included in the Alpharex taillight or did you swap out the Halogen bulb for a led one?

Chris1911

Reaction score
I just took a look at your video for the taillights. I noticed the back up light is also LED. Is this included in the Alpharex taillight or did you swap out the Halogen bulb for a led one?

I just put in the LEDs i had been using in the stock tail lights.

Gray8188

Reaction score
How was the headlight install? I bought these and am hopefully installing them this weekend. Any tips? Haven’t found much as far as install guide for the wiring or anything.

Chris1911

Reaction score
How was the headlight install? I bought these and am hopefully installing them this weekend. Any tips? Haven’t found much as far as install guide for the wiring or anything.

The installation isn't too bad, but time consuming tearing the front end apart to get to them. For some reason i can't find the installation guide online, but they do come with instructions. Alpharex support is very helpful as well. I did have to call them a couple times.

Gray8188

Reaction score
The installation isn't too bad, but time consuming tearing the front end apart to get to them. For some reason i can't find the installation guide online, but they do come with instructions. Alpharex support is very helpful as well. I did have to call them a couple times.
I couldn’t find them in my box and when I messaged them they didn’t have a guide. But we’re quick to offer any help that’s needed along the way which I was happy with. And tips on the parts you needed help with?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Use the instructions in my post quoted here

Chris1911

Reaction score
I couldn’t find them in my box and when I messaged them they didn’t have a guide. But we’re quick to offer any help that’s needed along the way which I was happy with. And tips on the parts you needed help with?

Odd that they didn't have instructions. I was following some step by step. I think my questions for them had to do with wiring. I don't remember much about it anymore, as it's been almost a year.

The Morimoto guide that Rockcrawlerdude posted above look great. It even shows the same fuse i tapped.

Gray8188

Reaction score
Odd that they didn't have instructions. I was following some step by step. I think my questions for them had to do with wiring. I don't remember much about it anymore, as it's been almost a year.

The Morimoto guide that Rockcrawlerdude posted above look great. It even shows the same fuse i tapped.
Yea nothing. And I will do thanks. Yours came with a harness to go the the battery and ground aswell right?

Chris1911

Reaction score
Yea nothing. And I will do thanks. Yours came with a harness to go the the battery and ground aswell right?

It came with everything i needed to to get them working.

I do see the instructions for changing the DRLs to amber on their site, if that's something you want to do. Why they have that and not the install is beyond me.

Robktmrider

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the process of installing the Alpha Rex Nova LED headlights. I also followed the instructions from the mirimotos. The DRL do not turn on when the truck is in drive…is there something I need to program ?

Users who are viewing this thread