Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks! Sorry for the questions but I have one more if you don't mind. So id have to wire the 65' cord that come with the camera through the truck and to the back of the radio to hook up to the rca inputs?

He sells quick connect kits as well.

Just talk to Tim and tell him what you need and he can get you setup.

Phil T

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Brand Motion camera but am NOT pleased with it. Claimed 90° vertical view is a lie.

Should have stuck with rvcams good 90° vertical view camera as I originally intended.

Maybe @Phil T has a better suggestion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

v30

Reaction score
Forgive me, if this has been previously covered, but I have been considering the naviks unit for about a year and have been monitoring this thread on and off during that time. I’ve been hopeful that they have gotten the kinks worked out of the system, can anyone comment as to whether or not they have worked out the turn signal problem, or any other persistent issues?

Separately, my concern from day One was the fact that when I put my truck into reverse, it changes the brightness of my display, consistent with a back up camera type of situation – you would want to see it, no matter if it was bright out or not so the system turns the screen to full brightness. Does this happen also with the naviks unit when you are driving with the camera or rca on? I asked Naviks about this over the phone and they said they were unaware of any thing like this, so I’m just curious if anyone here has installed the unit and use the always on with the screen blinding them while they are driving. I would assume that the brightness dash controls are not usable in this instance ?

Users who are viewing this thread